Tarp
    BearPaw 8x10
    Insulation
    NeoAir & Quilt
    Images

Speer w/HH Super Shelter Pad

My latest attempt at an economical, warm under system. Fitted a Hennesy under pad (Explorer size, $35 ), to a Speer Hammock using Cable Ties and bungee to "gather" the sides and snug up the ends to achieve a close fit. Pushed the ties thru the the foam, wrapped around the binding to form loops to pass the bungee thru with cordlocks at the ends. I used 2 Ties at the ends of the side pulls to anchor the cords. Also used cord locks on bungee at the ends and 1 over the ridge at each end. Took 6 cordlocks but the pad is snug against the hammock w/o crushing it. Once fitted it doesn't require any changes except to add slack if it gets to hot.

Combined that with the JRB Poncho/undercover ($25) and an Emergency Space Blanket. Next I'm fitting another Frogg Toggs poncho as a top cover. Don't know when I can test it but I expect the system to be comparable to the HH Super Shelter. Total cost under $100, including 3 shipping charges.
    "My name is Millergear and I'm a Gearaholic!"

Images
    So, a Speer SS, more or less? Interesting!
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22