G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    For the can opener, a grinding wheel was used here and carefully grind down the little bump. A file and some elbow grease can do the job as well.
    And once your done cutting off that bump, it still works on normal cans too!!!
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    In my last house (NC), one thing I did to save space in the garage was put a shelf all the way around the garage at ceiling height...it had room to comfortably put a dishpack moving box on it (something like 36" high). And since I had 10' ceilings I could reach up to get the boxes down but they didn't take up any parking or work space b/c they were above my head. HUGE increase in storage...the cost of the shelves ended up being much cheaper than a storage unit, and my stuff was at home where I wanted it.

So my gear was divided between dishpack boxes...JRB quilts in one (now two), PeaPod and DownHammock in another, etc. I also had some leftover wardrobe boxes...these were great for all the other sleeping bags and stuff that I don't use very often. Plenty big so the gear isn't compressed, but still out of the way.

For smaller stuff, I have a couple of the plastic underbed containers that I keep near my workbench in the garage. These are big and shallow so it's easy to find stuff. One has extra DIY parts...velcro, plastic buckles, etc. The other has things I normally take with me...firestarters, bandannas, etc.

I also have a large baseball card box...about 24"x18", with dividers for 4 sections. This has my suspension stuff...cord suspensions, rolled-up webbing, biners, buckles, SMC rings, etc.

Food, stoves and pots go into a big black plastic footlocker like they sell in Target.

And lastly, I keep a backpack mostly ready to go...my essentials kit is packed, and an extra one for whichever kid is coming with me. Some basic clothing that I take on every trip, etc.

My problem is that I can't decide which gear to bring on each trip. So I spend a lot of packing time setting up the hammock, attaching the UQs and putting a TQ in, then stuffing it all in the Blackbishop bag so it's easy to get to at camp. Then I want to switch suspensions, so I redo it all. Then I do the same thing with Joker's. But since I won't want to take the same thing next trip, I undo it all and store it separately when I get back. And if I listen closely, I can hear that monkey chuckling quietly on my back the whole time.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i bought a big plastic foot locker from walmart and keep all my smaller crap in it. it sits in a corner of the room with my 2 packs on top of it. they also have crap in them

my sleeping bags are stored losely in the top section of my closet. nice

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Got all my gear stuffed in the heavy duty totes from Home Depot- stacked under the stairs in the basement or on shelves. Sleeping bags (and quilts) will be hanging in mesh bags.

Got some totes with OLD Camping equipment...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    All of my stuff is in my Man Cave Studio .... gear in plastic drawers, bins and shelves. Bags, TQs and UQs hanging so I can see, visit and caress them.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    All of my stuff is in my Man Cave Studio .... gear in plastic drawers, bins and shelves. Bags, TQs and UQs hanging so I can see, visit and caress them.
    Shug
    Ha! do you feed them too and play a little tug-o-war with their little cords?

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Shug
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    Ha! do you feed them too and play a little tug-o-war with their little cords?
    Y'all are getting way to intimate for me
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345