WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz

Digital Camo/IX Sit Pad

Okay. No snickering, giggling, or out right laughter from the peanut gallery. I needed to practice on wife's gear making machine with the new materials that came this week. Three different ACU camo materials - one silver coated, 70D waterproof; one black coated, 70D waterproof; and one light weight uncoated - all are ripstop. So I decided to cut out some small sections from the 70D black coated and the light weight uncoated and some IX (thanks Mac) to make a sit pad. It has been a while since I've tried doing "gear making" and these materials were a challenge to say the least. Better to screw up now than when I start the undercover for the HULBA.

IX is slicker than eel mess. [Note to self - cut it wider than needed, sew in place, and then trim]. All 3 materials were different weights, therefore the machine and my head got a work out on constant adjustments. The light weight is like a tricot - needs smaller needle and gentle stitches. I could say something about borrowing some your favorite honey's old stuff for practice, but I won't.

Here are materials laid out - first 2 photos. Hemmed each edge to prevent raveling on the ripstop materials, sewed in 3 layers of IX and then topped off with the light weight ripstop. Finished edges with grosgrain - some left over black and some new olive green.

Last photo is finished sit pad (such as it is). Bottom is the waterproof black coated 70D, top is the uncoated ripstop. Measures 12" x 18" and weight is about 1 oz on my scale. So a square yard should be about 3 to 4 ozs. Could use this as a foot pad in the hammock if sit pad does not work out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    No laughing here. Looks good to me. Great project to practice on. I usually practice on stuff sacks then when I feel I'm up to it, take on something bigger.

stumo

• + New Posts