Greetings from herefordshire

Hello everybody, I am teacher of design and in my spare time I fly fish, ride bicycles, hike and nordic walk.
    I stumbled across hammock camping about a week ago while researching light weight equipment to use on a long distance mountain bike trip. As I am rapidly approaching the half century mark the possibility of sleeping out without sleeping on the ground has immediate appeal. So, after watching all of Shug's you tube contributions as well as the suspension primers put up by Grizz, I cobbled together a hammock camping set up and headed off to the woods to try it out. I am now convinced that this the way to go.
    As most of you probably know every last rock is owned by somebody in the UK, so any wild camping tends to be of the stealth variety, so I shall be putting together a suitbly camoflaged rig.
    As my first contribution to the body of knowledge may I reccomend a fly fishing knot, the nail knot as a method of attaching paracord to shock cord. (just put nail knot into youtube and ytou will find a suitble demo). I did not see anybody on the vidieos using it so it might be new to you.
    Cheers Macman.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Nail Knot looks useful. http://www.animatedknots.com/nailknot/index.php Thanks. You have the right spirit - contribute to the forum as you use its resources! If the fatter strand in the nail knot is the shock cord, would it make sense to put a stopper knot in its end?

Re approaching fifty: watch out for the temporal doppler effect. It recedes faster than it approaches.

Hammock
    N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    Thanks for sharing the info and Welcome to the Forum!

Bare Fryingpan
    Hi Macman, welcome, nice to see more Uk forum members

John
    Motherwell
    Scotland

No stopper needed. At least from my experience. This a constrictor knot designed for attaching hard shiny nylon monofilament to a soft slick larger diameter fly line. I trust it for Salmon fishing and hooking a Salmon in this country is a rare event.
    Macman.

• + New Posts