Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Senior Member JohnSawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    4,696
    Images
    108
    Thanks Shug... I'm sure you'll find your hug...

    In the meantime, thanks for the vid...

  2. #22
    Senior Member Barefoot Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, Michigan
    Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Posts
    1,350
    Sugarboy,

    I just have one little word for you.....DANG!!!!!!!!!

    Now go take care of your friend that likes to call you CQ!
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

  3. #23
    Senior Member 41vi4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ / SS TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    134
    Images
    4
    Well it looks like you got a field promotion, honorary Professor Shug. Congratulations! Hope you like the Department of Advanced Hammock Lounging and Lollygagging.

    Really enjoyed this work! Also, looking forward to seeing you in more combined works with Professor Hammock (GrizzlyAdams) and RallohE (Hawk-Eye). What a triumphant triumvirate! Whoooooooooo Budddy Good!

    Thank-You!

  4. #24
    TZBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fenton, Michigan
    Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Posts
    1,574
    Hey Shug

    How about a mini tutorial on your video gear?

    hat cam? and what are you using to edit?

    These videos are GREAT. Now my wife understands more about hammocks than I ever could have explained to her
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

    My PHOTOS

    My VIDEOS

  5. #25
    Running Feather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hendersonville, NC
    Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Posts
    2,211
    Images
    1
    Thanks Shug! Another winner. I like the Aerial Warrior poster. Do the men in the white suits visit often? Do you have a jacket with blind sleeves that ties up in the back?

    Made my morning coffee time that much better
    "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

  6. #26
    Member Col_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Prague, CZ
    Hammock
    BMBH
    Tarp
    DIY sil cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    88
    I have to say for a noob like me you explain things in a easy to understand and fun way like all the best teachers do. The series has really taught me a few ways to do things easier, I've already got some figure 9s in the post to speed up my ridge-line tightening.

    Keep up the good work

  7. #27
    stormcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,488
    Images
    25
    Another great video brother. I am collecting this series and just waiting for the last one so I can put em on a disk.

    I just wanted to ask you if you think Hammock camping is truly THAT lightweight. I mean, you know, if you went to ground your setup would probably save at least pound or so. Have you ever tried a tarptent?

  8. #28
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    Thanks Shug... I'm sure you'll find your hug...
    In the meantime, thanks for the vid...
    Still looking..... my wife tackled me though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Child View Post
    Sugarboy,
    I just have one little word for you.....DANG!!!!!!!!!
    Now go take care of your friend that likes to call you CQ!
    Shucks Son. We watched a movie and held hands. Old school.

    Quote Originally Posted by 41vi4 View Post
    Well it looks like you got a field promotion, honorary Professor Shug. Congratulations! Hope you like the Department of Advanced Hammock Lounging and Lollygagging.
    Really enjoyed this work! Also, looking forward to seeing you in more combined works with Professor Hammock (GrizzlyAdams) and RallohE (Hawk-Eye). What a triumphant triumvirate! Whoooooooooo Budddy Good!
    Thank-You!
    Y'elcome!!!
    I am Honored to be able to go in the DAHLL. Good company.

    Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Hey Shug
    How about a mini tutorial on your video gear?
    hat cam? and what are you using to edit?
    These videos are GREAT. Now my wife understands more about hammocks than I ever could have explained to her
    Well ... not much to it. I bring my Canon PowerShot SD960IS Digital Camera ... 3 extra batteries, Ultra-Pod, StickPic and practice holding camera still with my arm. I do that the most.
    Head cam .... my headlamp on backwards, slip Ultra-Pod in (it comes down and rests on my nose.
    Use iMovie. Older edition. Some Final Cut for fancy stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Running Feather View Post
    Thanks Shug! Another winner. I like the Aerial Warrior poster. Do the men in the white suits visit often? Do you have a jacket with blind sleeves that ties up in the back?
    Made my morning coffee time that much better
    Painted that around 10 years ago. It was an aerial show we did kinda based on Xena.
    Off for my Thorazine......... drool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Col_M View Post
    I have to say for a noob like me you explain things in a easy to understand and fun way like all the best teachers do. The series has really taught me a few ways to do things easier, I've already got some figure 9s in the post to speed up my ridge-line tightening.
    Keep up the good work
    That is good. a lot of folks are perplexed by the ol' Figure 9. Glad that helped!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Another great video brother. I am collecting this series and just waiting for the last one so I can put em on a disk.

    I just wanted to ask you if you think Hammock camping is truly THAT lightweight. I mean, you know, if you went to ground your setup would probably save at least pound or so. Have you ever tried a tarptent?
    Got a few more yet. And I am going to have to shoot one to put in all the stuff that I forgot!!!!
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  9. #29
    TZBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fenton, Michigan
    Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Posts
    1,574
    Well ... not much to it. I bring my Canon PowerShot SD960IS Digital Camera ... 3 extra batteries, Ultra-Pod, StickPic and practice holding camera still with my arm. I do that the most.
    Head cam .... my headlamp on backwards, slip Ultra-Pod in (it comes down and rests on my nose.Use iMovie. Older edition. Some Final Cut for fancy stuff.


    A photo would be priceless
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

    My PHOTOS

    My VIDEOS

  10. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC, NY
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird, 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Yeti, Black Mamba
    Suspension
    Opie all the way
    Posts
    12
    Shug,
    Thanks for doing all the videos. I don't even have a hammock yet and I'm learning so much from your videos. It's so much easier to grok when I see it than when it's explained in text. And you're completely entertaining. They make a great body of reference for me.
    No hammock yet but an evolving list of equipment!

    All the best,
    Bmorebhoy

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •