Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
    To keep all those female stalkers guessing!
    Yup lots of those out here.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Finally got around to reading your TJ this morning, HE...good stuff. Makes me jealous!! 'Specially the part about laying under all those stars by the water. Can't wait for more!
    Wait until you get to the one where I was hanging next to the lake at pleasent pond. Great view and tarpless.

    I'm swaping out my memory card in andover, so hopefully in a 2 weeks or so I'll have some pics on.

    I'll catch everyone later. Shuttle is leaving shortly.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  3. #23
    Senior Member Redtail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Middletown, MD
    Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Posts
    334
    Images
    6

    Post Article - Bangor Daily News


  4. #24
    Senior Member FanaticFringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Posts
    2,424
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
    Cool article. No trail name yet....
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

  5. #25
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,595
    Images
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Cool article. No trail name yet....
    ummmm... i'm wondering if that reporter was taking notes or just trusting his memory???
    maybe the logger from Oregon was a hammocker too, but i'm surprised that nate wouldn't be using the name we know... Hammock Engineer.
    we'll just have to see what HE has to say when he gets back to a computer.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  6. #26
    Senior Member stoikurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Posts
    1,000
    Images
    83
    That has to be HE. Maybe he wants to earn a name from the trail rather than use what he's been known by. Kinda' a right of passage thing, maybe.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

  7. #27
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,595
    Images
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    That has to be HE. Maybe he wants to earn a name from the trail rather than use what he's been known by. Kinda' a right of passage thing, maybe.
    oh yeah, i'm sure that's HE in the picture, i'm just wondering if the reporter got his facts right.
    but you may be right about wanting to pick up a trail name on his thru hike.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Thanks for the link to the article. I'll have to send it on to my mom. The guy interviewed me as I was eating some ben and jerrys, btw I am 6 flavors into my quest of sampling the all.

    I did choose I trailname. I was just not sure if I wanted to keep it or not. It should be easy to guess based on some of my entries. The northbounder gave it to my at Chairback lean-to. I'll give everyone a hint, it has nothing to do with hammocks.

    I did setup at Bemis mountain Lean-to last night next to a northbounder who started in harpers ferry using a hh. She said she loved it. Most people I see like the idea. IT cracks me it when the southbounders I am hiking with ask me how I sleep. I usually reply, great same as every night. Especially after last night when they were in a full shelter and someone rolled in at 10pm. I think one of them was doing puking too.

    Also a little advice, don't hike over a bald in a thunderstorm. Just a little scary. Last nights entry explains it all.

    Also if anyone PM's me, include your email address. I have it setup to link to my pocketmail and can read what you right, I just can't reply. I'm in Andover tonight, hopefully headed out tomorrow, but there are thunderstorms on the forcast.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  9. #29
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,595
    Images
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Thanks for the link to the article. I'll have to send it on to my mom. The guy interviewed me as I was eating some ben and jerrys, btw I am 6 flavors into my quest of sampling the all.

    I did choose I trailname. I was just not sure if I wanted to keep it or not. It should be easy to guess based on some of my entries. The northbounder gave it to my at Chairback lean-to. I'll give everyone a hint, it has nothing to do with hammocks.

    I did setup at Bemis mountain Lean-to last night next to a northbounder who started in harpers ferry using a hh. She said she loved it. Most people I see like the idea. IT cracks me it when the southbounders I am hiking with ask me how I sleep. I usually reply, great same as every night. Especially after last night when they were in a full shelter and someone rolled in at 10pm. I think one of them was doing puking too.

    Also a little advice, don't hike over a bald in a thunderstorm. Just a little scary. Last nights entry explains it all.

    Also if anyone PM's me, include your email address. I have it setup to link to my pocketmail and can read what you right, I just can't reply. I'm in Andover tonight, hopefully headed out tomorrow, but there are thunderstorms on the forcast.
    good to hear from you HE... or whatever it may be
    yeah, certain/ Michale journaled about an experience w/ being up on a ridge during a lighting storm. ...tim
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    good to hear from you HE... or whatever it may be
    yeah, certain/ Michale journaled about an experience w/ being up on a ridge during a lighting storm. ...tim
    Yeah its a little scary when you are on a bald at 3000+ feet and the storm is only at 4000 feet or so. I think that unless I am committed to going over I am going to stop at the first sign of thunder. We'll see, thunder storms are in the forecast for tomorrow.

    When it gets posted I think you will agree the group of french teenagers behind me had the closest call. They had to be borderline hypothermic when they rolled into the shelter. Without any raingear on and soaked to the bone. I almost got my hypothermia kit out for one of them. She ended up in a sleeping bag with dry clothes drinking my last instant breakfest though.

    Side note. It mayby August 7th. But hypothermia is still really real in the mountains when it is 50 degrees and storming. So please be ready for it.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •