I used to read and contribute to the Backpacking Magazine forums and one day I read a post about someone using a hammock for camping . It brought back old memories from childhood where my brother and I would string up blankets in our bunk bed and go to sleep in our "cocoons".

A few years later when I was about 12, I went one step further and purchased a "jungle hammock" with a built in mosquito net, suspension ropes, and weather resistant tarp, complete with canvas hammock body. I really enjoyed laying in that hammock, but after a few months I moved onto more exciting things and forgot about the old canvas hammock.

After reminiscing I decided to try hammocking once more, so I went to the nearest REI and found the ENO single nest to try out. My first real hammock camping experience was with some friends at Newport State Park in Wisconsin on Lake Michigan's western shore. After that first night I was hooked again and haven't looked back!

I really enjoy witnessing all the new developments coming out of Hammock Forums and want to say thanks for leading the path to a comfortable, lightweight, and innovative form of camping!