Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    But it couldn't hurt ... kinda liked it when I got a set from him.
    Right. And I didn't mean to make it sound like it useless. From a builders standpoint, it simply adds to the time it takes to actually produce the slings.

And when you spend 3-4 hours a nite splicing rope, the extra time adds up.

I'm not at all saying one version is better than the other....... And I'm all about custom work. If someone want a fixed eye in the tail, a fixed eye they shall get.

But IMO, there isn't a value/benefit over the extra time it takes to produce it.

YMMV
    I am not a gram weenie. , But Im starting to see the merits!!!

Kris' Splicing

Kris on Facebook

Hammock
    Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by cavscout View Post
    It didn't even occur to me that the size was so small. I hope I didn't give anyone the wrong impression of your slings. It was a handy visual aid is all.

So far the only thing I've been able to come up with is to hook the loop over a prussic and toggle on the Ridge line to have a another place to hang something from. What sparked the thought though was I had so much line hanging down that I could almost run it the length of the hammock so it could have acted as a ridge line (don't worry, I know that would not have been a good thing ) It just made me realize how much cord was not being used in that case and what could I do with it.....if it only had a loop on the end
    I can see that. Although different hanging spots I.e. The length of the sling will dictate how much tail you have.

That's not a bad idea for the use of the tail. I hadn't thought of that.
    I am not a gram weenie. , But Im starting to see the merits!!!

Kris' Splicing

Kris on Facebook

Hammock
    Black Bird 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I do mine that way cause I like to have a little more to hang onto when making adjustments and so that my slings are not like every other set out there. Something a little different to get the job done. Hey we don't want to all be out here copy catting each other right? I have seen a few folks wanting to hang things off of the end of the hammock as well and if someone where creative they could do all sorts of things, I like your idea Cavscout, having a line you could use for hanging stuff with what you have on hand, a close/gear line when you need it but not when you don't.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hanging, backpacking and Ultralight Fishing gear needs.

Free APEX Upgrade on Every Kick *** Quilt (KAQ)

Now Offering FlameThower Down Gear And Tenkara Fishing gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com
    Tenkara-Fishing.com
    Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter