Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

MedicineMan the contortionist-yeti and an HH

Last night I slept in a HH Backpacker asym...I put a winter yeti under it.
    Contortion-like many while in the hammock I can spin up and get in the indian sitting position....then I looked at the HH entrance slit...my psuedo russian blue cat walked by and i leaned into the slit and grabbed at him...he was too quick and bolted but while there I saw the yeti and that I could easily adjust left or right.
    Point of the story- if you have an HH and if you are a bit nimble flexible you can adjust a 2/3's UQ in an HH....I'm sure it applies to a te-wa or a stormcrow UQ too.
    As far as getting in and out the 2/3's UQs are easier than a full length UQ unless its like of the the JRB models with purpose built matching entrance slit.
    Just an observation

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Smart cat .

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Last night I slept in a HH Backpacker asym...I put a winter yeti under it.
    Contortion-like many while in the hammock I can spin up and get in the indian sitting position....then I looked at the HH entrance slit...my psuedo russian blue cat walked by and i leaned into the slit and grabbed at him...he was too quick and bolted but while there I saw the yeti and that I could easily adjust left or right.
    Point of the story- if you have an HH and if you are a bit nimble flexible you can adjust a 2/3's UQ in an HH....I'm sure it applies to a te-wa or a stormcrow UQ too.
    As far as getting in and out the 2/3's UQs are easier than a full length UQ unless its like of the the JRB models with purpose built matching entrance slit.
    Just an observation
    Before the net came off, that is the way I would sometimes do a final leftward adjustment on the Super Shelter. Just reach out the bottom after I was in and give a little tug to the left, being careful not to tear the pad.

But, it seems it sure would be a hassle with the Yeti and a stock net HH. Because the SS was never much out of whack to start with, and it didn't move once I had it where I wanted it.

Plus the only adjustment was a little right to left after the sit down/bottom entry, or even during entry. But the Yeti must be mostly always be adjusted head to foot or foot to head after laying down, to get it just right on your left shoulder. That sounds complicated in a HH! I would think you have to start with it too far to the head so you can pull it down?

I always kind of felt the only reasonable approach would be to cut a slit in the net near the left side shoulder and rig some sort of Velcro/Omnitape closure.

But good to know it can be done per the experience of some one who has tried it. I never even tried while the net was still there. I have been thinking about trying my WB UQ on my HH UL Expl for quite a while. But, I can't seem to get around to removing my SS, which I still like so much, especially for when it is not super cold. And what I like best is the auto wind and rain block of the sil-nyl UC. But, I have tried my WB Climashield torso UQ down in the SS, under the OCF pad and space blanket. Both just layed down in there with the UC as loose as possible and with the WB suspension hooked to the hammock suspension. Talk about an oven! Caution, back on fire!

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    You could always mount a set of gloves through the hammock wall... Could double as a cup holder...

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Hammock
    Treehugger (Eno clone), and HHULB
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    webbing
    Don't you mean cat holder?

Crazy Hammock Lady

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Yes if using a yeti on the stock HH go head high with the yeti at firsr and dial in slowly via slit reach and little tugs....yeti-HH is not my first choice but if you already have an Hh I'm and want save weight with a UQ it can be done and adjusted from within

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Yes if using a yeti on the stock HH go head high with the yeti at firsr and dial in slowly via slit reach and little tugs....yeti-HH is not my first choice but if you already have an Hh I'm and want save weight with a UQ it can be done and adjusted from within
    Thanks for testing that. I've really got to try my WB on my HH. With no net any more, it's not a problem. But I will probably end up with another full net HH or two before it is done. The grand kids are approaching hammock age, and they seem to prefer the bottom entry. Plus I think they feel more like they are in a tent, being so well sealed up in the net. I think they feel more secure, like nothing can get them.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    I think tonight I'm going to try the snugfit on the Blackbird just for fun. My friend used the snugfit 2 weeks ago on the South Mountains hike sponsored by Cooldays and she liked it. I've never used it and it will be warm enough at my house (shouldnt be lower than 34F) tonight to give it a go.

• + New Posts