Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    blue island ,Il
    Hammock
    DIY Cuben
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    down,over & under
    Posts
    342
    Images
    2
    end caps, on my now completed diy cuben bridge- (pics in diy section)I extended both ends of the B and then just folded it into an end cap and taped (2 side tape- could sew if using rip) it is easy and quick and takes little taping or sewing , just a center seam), with a bit of finagling you can make a bit of a pocket in both ends, head and foot end,gnome

  2. #42
    tight-wad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hoover, Al
    Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Posts
    539
    Images
    40
    Looks GREAT! Grizz.

    Tell me more about your spreader bars.

    And, how do you attach the handle end of your hiking poles? The pointed end is simple enough, but how to make something grip the body of the pole without damaging it has me stumped.

    Re: tarps. On a 10x8 rectangle tarp (10' ridge, 4' sides) I sewed in 1" grosgrain pockets (1" wide x 2 1/2 long, folded with 1/2" boxed to the tarp, zigzag stitch on the sides to make the pocket) 22" from the ridge line on 4 points. Then I purchased a tent pole repair kit from Academy (?$6.99) and cut the poles to be 40". The poles fit into the pockets and spread the tarp wide enough that the bridge bars don't touch. We shall see if this is strong enough to withstand a storm!

  3. #43
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by tight-wad View Post
    Looks GREAT! Grizz.

    Tell me more about your spreader bars.

    And, how do you attach the handle end of your hiking poles? The pointed end is simple enough, but how to make something grip the body of the pole without damaging it has me stumped.

    Re: tarps. On a 10x8 rectangle tarp (10' ridge, 4' sides) I sewed in 1" grosgrain pockets (1" wide x 2 1/2 long, folded with 1/2" boxed to the tarp, zigzag stitch on the sides to make the pocket) 22" from the ridge line on 4 points. Then I purchased a tent pole repair kit from Academy (?$6.99) and cut the poles to be 40". The poles fit into the pockets and spread the tarp wide enough that the bridge bars don't touch. We shall see if this is strong enough to withstand a storm!
    Be careful doing it .... I broke a pole goofing with it. But I had it way to spread out.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  4. #44
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    20
    Hello,

    Does the Grizz Bridge permit to sleep not on the back but in the front, flat on one's stomach ? Is it flat enough to do that ?

    Tanks
    Last edited by fblc; 05-15-2010 at 09:19.

  5. #45
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by fblc View Post
    Hello,

    Does the Grizz Bridge permit to sleep not on the back but in the front ? Is it flat enough to do that ?

    Tanks
    you can, but there are limitations to what you can do with your arms. What works for me is to use a pillow that lifts my head a little away from the fabric, and put my arms straight down along my sides.

    What doesn't work so well for me is to bring an arm up, have the forearm 90 degrees to the body, and lay my head on it. That's my preferred position in a normal body, in the hammock I have to adapt.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  6. #46
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    What works for me is to use a pillow that lifts my head a little away from the fabric, and put my arms straight down along my sides.
    Thanks. If I translate well the post (I live in France), it isn't actually possible to buy a GrizzBridge ?

    So actually the only hammock I can buy that permit to sleep in my face (flat on one's stomach seems to be the corect words) is the "JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock" but i find it too heavy ?

  7. #47
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by fblc View Post
    Thanks. If I translate well the post (I live in France), it isn't actually possible to buy a GrizzBridge ?
    Non, le GrizzBridge n'est pas en vente dans les magasins. Peut-être qui changera bientôt .

    So actually the only hammock I can buy that permit to sleep in my face (flat on one's stomach seems to be the corect words) is the "JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock" but i find it too heavy ?
    I starting making bridge hammocks because I thought I wanted to sleep on my stomach always. What I have found is that I can sleep on my back and side in a hammock comfortably, in ordinary hammocks, not just bridge hammocks. So you may wish to investigate a lighter weight gathered end hammock and see if that is comfortable for you.

    Ou vous pourriez attendre quelqu'un pour vendre un GrizzBridge.

    mes cordiales salutations
    Last edited by GrizzlyAdams; 05-15-2010 at 13:46.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  8. #48
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Non, le GrizzBridge n'est pas en vente dans les magasins. Peut-être qui changera bientôt .

    I starting making bridge hammocks because I thought I wanted to sleep on my stomach always. What I have found is that I can sleep on my back and side in a hammock comfortably, in ordinary hammocks, not just bridge hammocks. So you may wish to investigate a lighter weight gathered end hammock and see if that is comfortable for you.

    Ou vous pourriez attendre quelqu'un pour vendre un GrizzBridge.

    mes cordiales salutations
    Merci beaucoup.

    I'll try a ticket to the moon hamock and sleep on my back and side.

    Best regards

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •