Thread: 1.0 vs 1.1?

1.0 vs 1.1?

So I was on the Warbonnet website about to order me a double 1.1 BB when I saw this 1.0 option. I only weigh 150, but would like to use a pad until I can afford an under quilt hence the double layer. Would the 1.0 be a good choice for me? It'll be used down here in the South East where it's extremely humid most of the time. Saving a couple oz is always welcome!

David

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The 1.0 is only offered in a double layer hammock ... if that is your ides. sounds like you want a single. I have a 1.1 single layer and it has been terrific. I weigh 185.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

I think I WOULD like a double for use with a pad. Unless a single still works just as well with a pad? The double layer just seems like it would make using a pad so much easier.

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post
    I think I WOULD like a double for use with a pad. Unless a single still works just as well with a pad? The double layer just seems like it would make using a pad so much easier.
    Most say it does ... personally I liked mine in the hammock with me as I found that worked better for me to tweak ... plus, I just could not stand the thought of a double-hammock. Gram-Weenie thing.
    That could just be me though.......
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

yes, it would be fine, you're well under the weight limit of both, you can go with either

I reckon I'll stick with my original plan of a double and go with the lighter 1.0!
    If I find I like the pad inside I can always sell this one and get a single, or just get a second!