Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 115
  1. #1
    MacEntyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jamestown, NC
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Posts
    7,566
    Images
    6

    Yet Another Roll of Insultex

    Folks,

    I will order another roll of Insultex during April. I will offer it at $5 per yard, the same price as before. You should expect delivery by the end of April, sooner if the orders add up quickly.

    Let's do it the same way as before. Feel free to post here, but the formal order will be placed when I receive a PayPal message with payment and shipping address. My PayPal address is "MacEntyre (at) Yahoo (dot) com"

    Please pay only the $5 X your yardage. I will ask for a second payment when I know the actual insured shipping costs.

    This IX order will arrive at the right time for folks to make some summer UQs and TQs!

    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member ikemouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ky
    Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Posts
    1,498

    insultex cozie

    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Folks,

    I will order another roll of Insultex during April. I will offer it at $5 per yard, the same price as before. You should expect delivery by the end of April, sooner if the orders add up quickly.

    Let's do it the same way as before. Feel free to post here, but the formal order will be placed when I receive a PayPal message with payment and shipping address. My PayPal address is "MacEntyre (at) Yahoo (dot) com"

    Please pay only the $5 X your yardage. I will ask for a second payment when I know the actual insured shipping costs.

    This IX order will arrive at the right time for folks to make some summer UQs and TQs!

    - MacEntyre
    I will only need a yard or two, as i am making cozies.

  3. #3
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    5,264
    Images
    196
    Don't you need 2 or 3 layers for a quilt? I ask cause I wanna know how much to buy.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003


    http://dutchwaregear.com

    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)

    8th Annual Mt Rogers Winter Hang Spreadsheet

  4. #4
    LostCause's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    684
    Images
    19
    I'm in for 10 yrds.

  5. #5
    MacEntyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jamestown, NC
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Posts
    7,566
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Don't you need 2 or 3 layers for a quilt? I ask cause I wanna know how much to buy.
    2.5 yards for a single layer, ~60" wide, full length quilt.

    Buy 6 to 10 yards!
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member headchange4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Posts
    6,267
    Images
    35
    I'll be picking some up as soon as I figure out how much I need....
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett



    Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

  7. #7
    Member J_Squared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Hammock
    WBBB D1.1
    Tarp
    McCat Spn Deluxe
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ Te-wa TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    66
    Images
    11
    this website http://idigear.com/insultex.php says that one layer will insulate to -13df. I find it hard to believe.

  8. #8
    Senior Member JohnSawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    4,696
    Images
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Squared View Post
    this website http://idigear.com/insultex.php says that one layer will insulate to -13df. I find it hard to believe.
    Oh no, here we go again! (just kidding)

    There have been some here who have made 3-layer quilts and used them to 20 degrees-ish. do a search, there has been lots and lots of discussion on this very topic.

    I'm in for 10 yards. Paypal being sent now.

    Thanks Mac!

  9. #9
    Senior Member chickenwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Abbeville, SC
    Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,302
    Images
    90
    how much will you need to have guaranteed before you will order. I want about 10 yards. Also, based on your last group buy, do you have an estimate on shipping charges to South Carolina. I don't need to be spending too much more than $50 or the wife will be pissed.
    and then

    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

    "In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    springfield, mo
    Posts
    47
    I'm in for 10 yards payment to follow tomorrow

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •