Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Found 1.25" Lightweight Polypro on www.strapworks.com for 0.15/ft. 600 lb breaking strength. Very cheap!
    Is this enough for hammock applications?
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, 1.1 single
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmanob View Post
    I have had this "Alignment" problem too but w/o any damage. Does anyone know where we can get 1.25" webbing?
    The gram wienie in me says don't go with wider heavier webbing, change out the buckle instead.
    I intend to live forever, or die trying. -- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Im going again deep into the Canadian wilderness this weekends for my second 2010 trip (2 nights) inside a Blackbird.. I'll definitly pay more attention to the buckle. (dont plan on switching webbing or whoopie sling for now.. i'll see if i do more damage on the second night)

1. Tinker: I'll call Monk so he can investigate for little pieces of metal that didn't get removed during manufacturing. [in case, never know]. And like your FREE idea of burning a little the fuss with a lighter.

2. JayS: The webbing was perfect probably until I tied a "loop knot" not sure the name.. to fix the webbing in place and block the moving of the buckle. Maybe I wasnt paying attention when i pulled to tighten the knot, and didnt re-flatten the webbing as much as it should be..

3. gargoyle: Do you know any good dealer that sell chimpmunks poison? and definitly yes.. those pics are around 150kb maybe.. i still got the 10mpx 5mo pictures at home if you need to see the damage closer.. no problem.. i actually tried to get as much detail as i can since pretty much everybody here is more experienced at hammocking than me.. trying to find help and advice == big pictures!

4. warbonnetguy: I can safely say that the quality of the product is not the problem.. and you put/printed a little notice about the buckle inside the box with the blackbird.. i really think i screwed myself when i put a "dont-get-loose-while-im-sleeping" knot on the webbing to lock the buckle in place.. kinda hard to get it tight and stay flat on the buckle at the same time

5. bdpalace: I will probably try just to see the difference someday.. I sure can't order a whoopie and receive it before my next trip (in 3 days) but i'll try for sure someday. maybe save a few gram but hell, on my last trip.. my backpack felt like 50pounds.. i aint going to see the difference yet.

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

Extra problem is

Webbings must be checked every time one leaves and goes back to the hammock. I noticed this when there was windy evening and I was forced to wake up. When I came back after ten minutes to get sleep again it happened. Webbing slipped and I went to the ground. Fortunately webbing was so loose it did not damage very badly. But I did learn my lesson, I check every time before going in.

If there are narrower buckles I would be happy to change mine to those and stop checking. (Hope they will be available when I will be ordering my summer setup).

Warbonnetguy: "i've recently had some custom one inch buckles made so that can't happen (no room for the webbing to move side to side) they are lighter too. "
    Last edited by voivalin; 03-31-2010 at 22:59.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.1
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps and 'biners
    Images
    These may be what is needed to keep the straps stacked: http://www.strapworks.com/Plastic_Keepers_p/pk.htm
    One day I'll come up with a clever sig.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i just tie my safety knot a little further up the strap, away from the buckle a bit. this allows me to keep everything aligned, but still have that knot

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    i just tie my safety knot a little further up the strap, away from the buckle a bit. this allows me to keep everything aligned, but still have that knot
    will try that.. since i dont have enough time left to order/add some safety gizmo.. i thought the knot had to be right next to the buckle to prevent it from moving.. but your point is .. let the buckle do is job, and tie the knot a little further in case the buckle move.. to help stay aligned.

btw.. thank you for all your input guys

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Rings don't damage webbing, therefore...Rings Rule!
    Just sayin.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Rings don't damage webbing, therefore...Rings Rule!
    Just sayin.
    i thought that whoopies was the way to go.. small and lightweight..
    being over 6foot and 250.. i dont trust whoopies yet

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBurN View Post
    i thought that whoopies was the way to go.. small and lightweight..
    being over 6foot and 250.. i dont trust whoopies yet
    Actually, the whoopies are fantastic. I just have a whole bunch of rings laying around and on my hammocks because they were the greatest thing ever at one point in time and I am easily excited.

I'm slowly developing my collection of whoopies, slowly. I do really like them, just difficult to change habits, especially when you really like the habit you're trying to leave. I doubt the whoopies would even know you were there at 250lbs. You don't have much to worry about if that's your only excuse.
    Trust nobody!