Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,491
    Images
    62

    Exclamation Backpacking Ontario Hangers!.....

    On May 28th I have a private show in Toronto and then I will drive on to Quebec to see my daughter...... I will see her class circus project on the 4th of June.

    So .... I have a few days to myself and I really want to go backpacking for a couple of days .... Sat, sun, Mon. In the States it is Memorial Day Weekend .... reckon not up in ya'll's neck of the woods.

    This is still 50/50 but i want to see if anyone knows some good places to get into the backcountry for a 2 or 3 night trip.... and want to go along as well.

    Backpacking is my thing .... not too much of a campground guy. Always someone playing a radio!!!

    Just tossing this out there ....... fishing a wee bit.
    Thankee for any suggestions.
    Shug of the North
    Last edited by Shug; 04-07-2010 at 08:16.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  2. #2
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    9,809
    Images
    3
    WOW Shug ... get to see your daughter AND hang in the great North ... pretty sweet looking Summer trip!

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  3. #3
    Senior Member sk8rs_dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ottawa,ON
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Big MJ
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, HR & MW4
    Posts
    259
    Images
    5
    Dang!!! of all the weekends to be coming into my neck of the woods. My son's in 2 dance shows that weekend. I'm lighting one of them so can't get away.

    The 2 places up my way with trail systems that are sort of on your way from Toronto to Quebec are Bon Echo Provincial Park and Frontenac Provincial Park. There's also the Rideau Trail, which passes through Frontenac.

    Maybe next time...

  4. #4
    Senior Member Trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lake St. Clair
    Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Posts
    820
    Images
    9
    I'd love to go. I'm still in flux with moving, but maybe I'll be settled then.

    ...Now that I'm interested you probably have become suddenly busy!

  5. #5
    BrianWillan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Tarp
    Ogee / UGQ B.A.T.
    Insulation
    HG Inc-BE / Wiggys
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,869
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rs_dad View Post
    Dang!!! of all the weekends to be coming into my neck of the woods. My son's in 2 dance shows that weekend. I'm lighting one of them so can't get away.

    The 2 places up my way with trail systems that are sort of on your way from Toronto to Quebec are Bon Echo Provincial Park and Frontenac Provincial Park. There's also the Rideau Trail, which passes through Frontenac.

    Maybe next time...
    The other issue with most of the back country hiking and camping is that they are all in provincial or national parks which require advance reservations.

    Sk8rs_dad mentioned Bon Echo, there is one 17km hiking trail that is the current destination for the Ontario Hang. You could do a scouting report for the rest of us. ;-)

    Too bad your show in Toronto is private, I don't live too far from there and would love to see the Shug in action.

    Have fun

    Brian

  6. #6
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,491
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    WOW Shug ... get to see your daughter AND hang in the great North ... pretty sweet looking Summer trip!
    Yeah .... big score!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rs_dad View Post
    Dang!!! of all the weekends to be coming into my neck of the woods. My son's in 2 dance shows that weekend. I'm lighting one of them so can't get away.
    The 2 places up my way with trail systems that are sort of on your way from Toronto to Quebec are Bon Echo Provincial Park and Frontenac Provincial Park. There's also the Rideau Trail, which passes through Frontenac.
    Maybe next time...
    Thankee .... I will check those out. sorry to miss you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I'd love to go. I'm still in flux with moving, but maybe I'll be settled then.
    ...Now that I'm interested you probably have become suddenly busy!
    Yeah ... very busy!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    The other issue with most of the back country hiking and camping is that they are all in provincial or national parks which require advance reservations.
    Sk8rs_dad mentioned Bon Echo, there is one 17km hiking trail that is the current destination for the Ontario Hang. You could do a scouting report for the rest of us. ;-)
    Too bad your show in Toronto is private, I don't live too far from there and would love to see the Shug in action.
    Have fun
    Brian
    I will check into reservations .... thanks for that info.
    My show is for the Ontario Provincial Police Veterans Assoc ....
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  7. #7
    Senior Member Rug's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chatham, ON. Canada
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JrB TQ/UQ,Crownest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    700
    Images
    6
    Its not along your route, but I suggest you go spend some time in Algonquin Provincial Park.

    IMHO its the best natural landscape you will find south of the 49th parallel.
    Google Map
    I ride a recumbent.
    I like to HAM it up on the CW.
    I use Linux.
    I play go.
    Of course I sleep in a hammock!

    Rug.

    Hang On!

  8. #8
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,491
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rug View Post
    Its not along your route, but I suggest you go spend some time in Algonquin Provincial Park.

    IMHO its the best natural landscape you will find south of the 49th parallel.
    Google Map
    Thankee Rug ..... always wanted to see that park. That may well be the place for me!
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •