Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yeti in Traveller?

Hola,
    Does anyone use the Yeti on the Traveller hammock? Was just wondering how it has worked out for you in the field?

Thanks,
    Earplug

And of course - that would be Yeti in the Traveller.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Works great! That's my UL set-up when I'm being a gram weenie.
    Trust nobody!

Thanks Cannibal.
    Do you like the lay of the Traveller?

Thanks!
    earplug

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by earplug94 View Post
    Thanks Cannibal.
    Do you like the lay of the Traveller?

Thanks!
    earplug
    Love It!
    Easily my favorite of the 'simple' hammocks.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    +1 Cannibal

one of the best hammocks you can get
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I would love any tips on the traveller. I love my blackbird and use it a lot. I have tried the Traveller for UL as well but have struggled on the comfort front. I use underquilt vs. pad. I am much more comfortable in an ENO Double but it is a lot heavier than the traveller. Any tips appreciated.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToot View Post
    I would love any tips on the traveller. I love my blackbird and use it a lot. I have tried the Traveller for UL as well but have struggled on the comfort front. I use underquilt vs. pad. I am much more comfortable in an ENO Double but it is a lot heavier than the traveller. Any tips appreciated.
    The traveller is a pretty simple gathered end hammock with a fixed length structural ridge line. Have you tried playing with different ridge line lengths? What's the ridge line length that you use with the Eno Double? Since the Eno is single layer, perhaps fabric stretch is a factor. Do you have a single or double layer Traveller?

Apply a little scientific testing to isolate variables and see what you come up with.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Clark n150
    Tarp
    el cheepo
    Insulation
    figuring it out
    Suspension
    ropes/drip rings
    Images
    My biggest issue with the traveller and a 2/3 underquilt is the foot end of the UQ has long shock cords that go to the gatthered end but when you lay asym in the traveller your feet have to cross that line. then a few things happen...either you go on top or underneath but one of the ways (underneath I think) it is quite uncomfortable. My first night in my traveller was difficult therefore. Add to that a top quilt and Pad and I found as I adjusted my feet i lost my top quilt multiple times off the side because it was about 39 degrees out and the same cord kept getting stuck on the small piece of foam pad I had that also was getting stuck on the shock cord lines. At least 3 times I lost the pad or my quilt during the night and I found it very difficult to lie on my side as it caused the whole problem to start over again and by the time i reached under and repositioned the 2/3 UQ and the foot pad and the top quilt I realized I was now on my back again and eventually I had to give up trying to sleep on my side. It was very frustrating.

I fixed it mostly by switching to my full legth quilt and thus getting rid of the piece of padding and switching from the topquilt to my winter bag which is a little depressing in terms of weight but I sleep much better and can more easily turn on my side without losing my insulation over the side or having my feet stick out.

My solution.....no paritial UQs for me in a traveller. Please someone tell me how to fix this?!!! I will be very greatful!!!!

Now in an eno or a clark a 2/3 UQ doesnt have that problem at all. In fact the eno is the easiest to rig the insulation consistently and reliably. The tradeoff is you lose the flatter lay of being so asymmetric in a traveller but it seems much easier to stay warm in both those hammocks (for me) with the same insulation in comparison to the traveller.

Just what I found for me you understand and yet the traveller is more comfortable .... If I can GET comfortable if you know what I mean.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    cooldays - When you enter the hammock and get asym, make sure that the shock cords are 'above' your feet. It takes a couple of seconds to position your feet and pad so that is the case, but it will stay that way IME.

Me? I sleep in a Traveler almost exclusively. It's my favorite gathered end hammock. And I use either a 3 season Yeti, a Te-Wa Winter Coat, or a PeaPod depending on how cold it is.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast