Tarp
    3x4 rain fly
    Insulation
    Segmented pad/bag
    Suspension
    whoopi slings
    Images

Black Bird on the stand

Just set up my stand from AGRI and hooked the BB to it. I had it as tight as I could get it and my butt hit the ground! The stand is long enough, but just not tall enough. I'll have to get some extentions on each end.

Next I tried to my Clator JH and it worked great...but it would be even better with extentions.

OH...did you know that the Black Bird really does fly? With all this crazy wind we are having here in Kansas the BB along with the stand took off across the back yard no harm done but I surely didn't see that coming
    Last edited by mitch; 04-23-2010 at 17:13.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I have the same sort of problem with most hammocks on the Agri stand. Exspecialy the BB, did you try pulling the uprights together to take the wiggle out of them then set the suspension?--almost a 2 person job.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Yup. gotta pull them together. I have a little room to spare (about 4 inches) from the bottom in my BB. (Im 220). Im picking up a couple sets of extensions for the agri stand next weekend and will be able to test them out then.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle/ WBBB
    Tarp
    3x4 rain fly
    Insulation
    Segmented pad/bag
    Suspension
    whoopi slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    Yup. gotta pull them together. I have a little room to spare (about 4 inches) from the bottom in my BB. (Im 220). Im picking up a couple sets of extensions for the agri stand next weekend and will be able to test them out then.
    Where are you getting the extentions? And I'm not sure what you guys mean with pulling them together, wouldn't that make the angle of the hammock straps too flat? Or are you saying to take a rope and pull them together?

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    In order for the upright poles to fit in the base, it has a little wiggle room. You connect your suspension to both ends of the uprights and tighten the webbing/whoopies pretty much as far as you can go. The uprights will move a bit towards the middle, taking out the wiggle room. Yes, it will take out the "30 degree angle" that is suggested, but thats the only way you can not be sitting on the bottom pole... unless you have extensions. With the extensions, you add a thin line (use a cable with a turnbuckle at one end) to bring in the uprights in. Using a blackbird, having the suspension tight is ok because the ridgeline still gives me the needed sag to lay comfortably.

2Q has extensions on his agri, and after inquiring, he was gracious enough to see if his friend who made them can make a couple sets for me. Others have simply gone to their local muffler shop and had them fabricate a set for them.

You can see what 2Q's stand and extension looks like if you visit his website- google 2QZQ Hammock mods
    Last edited by Harpo63; 04-23-2010 at 21:34.

• + New Posts