Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Cool..... everyone oughta hang solo now and then. Good for ya' to be with just you.
    A big second to that line of thinking! Done that many, many times. Originally because I couldn't find someone to hike with when I could hike ... so ended up solo and found it very enjoyable to be alone in the woods at times.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmanob View Post
    Sometimes if you wait for others to jump on the band wagon you lose the chance for a good time. I learned that in sailing up at Lake Erie, everyone wants to go but only a few get to be a part of a legend. Going hanging is a lot easier...
    Got the "Butt bump" in the middle of the night myself, that's the least of our worries... Think it's their way of saying, "Nice rig man" Lol
    I did what I had time for, put up Claytor JH w/tarp and laid out in back yard for 3 hrs Sat just as the sprinkle started and w/in 30 min went to a light rain. Really enjoyed hearing the rain on the tarp, watching rabbits play tag in the next yard over. I thought it was the ducks that liked the rain? Just stay quiet for 3o min and nature will put on a show for you! Need more time to get out for an overnight though. Really tough when you're on call a lot...
    We've got to get a quick hang in OH. just to get aquainted, our numbers are increasing!
    Stormcrow met some others down Shawnee St Forest and had a good time. Wayne Natl Forest (S. of Lancaster, OH), looks like a possibility. I will have to find out moreabout it...
    - Everett
    I'm down for a Shawnee hang or Wayne national. Sounds like a good hang idea. It would be great to put somethin together like Trout and Mule did in Indiana.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Supply food (Dutch Oven meal, Brownies) and they will come... I make a mean (Sweet N Hot) salsa
    Wayne's closer and no fee or permit needed for Primitive camping from my reading. (Bring your cat hole scooper)
    Maybe a gear raffle too... (Need some whoopie slings)
    I think those are the main "Ingredients". Lots of conflicts with other hangs in May and Jun looks like... Doesn't mean we can't do a dry run though...
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmanob View Post
    Supply food (Dutch Oven meal, Brownies) and they will come... I make a mean (Sweet N Hot) salsa
    Wayne's closer and no fee or permit needed for Primitive camping from my reading. (Bring your cat hole scooper)
    Maybe a gear raffle too... (Need some whoopie slings)
    I think those are the main "Ingredients". Lots of conflicts with other hangs in May and Jun looks like... Doesn't mean we can't do a dry run though...
    Yeah I say we scout it out.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Varies each trip
    Wildcat Hollow in Wayne National Forest might be a good location. Took several scouts on a Backpacking Merit Badge trip earlier this month. Several very nice sites along the 15 mile trail, but all water must be carried in. We had 7 hammocks & 2 tents.

http://www.backpackohio.com/wildcat.html

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Wildcat Hollow in Wayne National Forest might be a good location. Took several scouts on a Backpacking Merit Badge trip earlier this month. Several very nice sites along the 15 mile trail, but all water must be carried in. We had 7 hammocks & 2 tents.

http://www.backpackohio.com/wildcat.html
    I think a good water source would have to play a role in site selection. For me anyways.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Varies each trip
    We cached a few jugs of water just off the road, near the trail and had plenty of water for use in the campsite. Worked well for us.