Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Senior Member eflat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pinebluff, NC
    Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Posts
    1,474
    Images
    37

    JRB 8X8 Ridgeline

    Does anyone know the RL length of the 8X8? I am considering this tarp or the Maccat Micro. By my notepad calculations, it appears an 8x8 would have an approximate 11' ft ridgeline, which would be perfect. The micro is 120" or 10 ft and it seems a little short for my eno double.

    Just looking for a summer overnighter, tarp. This tarp would only be used in the occasional summer 10 minute thunderstorm.

    Looking for some info so I can make a purchase. I already have a JRB 10x11 and love it. Hopefully the 8x8 is what I need.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by bhancock View Post
    Does anyone know the RL length of the 8X8? I am considering this tarp or the Maccat Micro. By my notepad calculations, it appears an 8x8 would have an approximate 11' ft ridgeline, which would be perfect. The micro is 120" or 10 ft and it seems a little short for my eno double.

    Just looking for a summer overnighter, tarp. This tarp would only be used in the occasional summer 10 minute thunderstorm.

    Looking for some info so I can make a purchase. I already have a JRB 10x11 and love it. Hopefully the 8x8 is what I need.

    Thanks!
    The JRB site states that the finished size of the 8x8 is 7'2"x7'2", and the rl length is 10'.
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  3. #3
    Senior Member eflat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pinebluff, NC
    Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Posts
    1,474
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    The JRB site states that the finished size of the 8x8 is 7'2"x7'2", and the rl length is 10'.
    Didn't realize that is stated the RL length. Thanks for pointing that out. I am a stickler for details, cant you tell???

    Maybe I will just make my own.

  4. #4
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by bhancock View Post
    Didn't realize that is stated the RL length. Thanks for pointing that out. I am a stickler for details, cant you tell???

    Maybe I will just make my own.
    I think the problem with sil is the fabric width limits what you can do w/o additional seams. If you're willing to add a couple of seams, I don't see why it can't be done.

    I have a Chinook 9-6x9-6 that I'm probably going to cut down...looooong rl.
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •