Hammock
    JRB Bridge and WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Gossamer Gear 1/4"
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings!
    BTW, I had 2QZQ do the zipper mod for me. LOVE IT! Makes such a huge difference. You probably have noticed that attaching the omni tape while lying in the hammock is a feat for a circus contortionist!
    Bleemus

Yes, I sleep in a hammock. Please pass the Grey Poupon.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Well from what im hearing I am not the only one who feels this design is kinda a double edge sword... very easily removable, but not great way to attach it. The method i tried today was to attach everything but where i get in the middle on one side and kinda slide in underneath it and then try it pinch up when i entered... I guess its just a matter of getting over the fact you arent going to get a perfect seal.... if your that concerned, probably should go with a hammock with built in net or go with eno guardian style... I have seen those thermacell things but never gave them much credit but from the quick research i have done everyone loves them, any more info on those things would be great. If anybody else has any tips with this hammock i would be very appreciative of the the input... i want to thank everyone for the info so far and look forward to creating a hammock system that works for me...
    True, it is a double edged sword. It does not have the best means of of a firm secure attachment, being prone to come loose in various places when you try to get in. Although this really is a non-issue when I get in as described above, after having folded it towards the foot end like a blanket. OTOH, it is ultra light, very roomy without need for a ridge line, and 100% REMOVABLE! As some one who tends to hang more during cold weather than during bug season, I appreciate that last feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
    You need a big tarp for these hammocks. The JRB 11x10 is a good choice. The spreader bars make it so you can't really make a storm taco like you can with a gathered end hammock. You need a tarp with some good coverage for the shallower pitches that the spreader bars demand........
    I have been able to close the windward end of the JRB tarp by using Grip Clips to pull the tarp out right at the spreader contact points. Also, I have some smaller spreader bars for the foot end. This does not affect comfort much at all, and allows closing down the foot end of the JRB 11x10. But, dealing with the spreader bars ( and carrying separate bars ) is a drawback you don't have with other hammocks.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Hey RollTide welcome to HF from another Gadrocker. Gonna send ya pm, I would like to check out the BMBH in person.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Treehugger (Eno clone), and HHULB
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    webbing
    What in the heck is a Gadrocker? And welcome from an Okie.

Crazy Hammock Lady

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avalonmorn View Post
    What in the heck is a Gadrocker?
    He means they are both from the Gadsden area.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Hey RollTide welcome to HF from another Gadrocker. Gonna send ya pm, I would like to check out the BMBH in person.
    Hey BBG, I had a BMBH with MWUQ4 at the Sipsey hang Feb 09, when it snowed. ( I know you remember that trip!) Should have had you check it out then.

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    Thanks for following up guys,

Yes.. Apparently Gadsden is now the ground zero of hammock focused think tanks and R&D.. not... I canoed the Sipsey a couple of months ago and camped out above 100 yard dash ( class I-II rapid depending on water level) .Wish i had the hammock.. some really cool opportunities and hanging options.... very few flat and smooth surfaces to be found from ground options... I guess that is kinda the style and system that i want.. to be able to paddle all day and keep my gear small, light, and dry.. and then be able to quickly and easily set up a reliable shelter (after paddling all day i dont want to dread having to set up camp)... Lots of great tips guys,k keepem coming, especially you guys with BMBH and your tarp setups... Thanks.

Hello,

Is it possible to use treck poles instaed of the spreader bars sold with the hammock ?

Thanks
    Last edited by fblc; 05-13-2010 at 11:29.

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    from my limited experience, i think you could use anything that has high compression strength and would either attach to the rings or not slip through the rings. ill try to take some pics and post them

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    BillyBob:
    I absolutely remember the Sipsey in Winter excursion. I should have checked all of the rigs out but I was so new and trying to get my own rig set up that I forgot to check the others out. I will never forget that trip and you would not believe the comments I get from people when they see the picture below that I use as my desktop wallpaper at work.

Avalonmorn:
    Sorry for the slang term there(more weird southern humor)......we politely call Gadsden, Gadrock because it is so old in its thinking and set in its ways that it is like living in Bedrock from the old Flintstone cartoons. Besides being a Gadsdenite or a Gadstonian just doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Gadrock does!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast