Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    Well,

Ive boxed up by BMBH to send back to the Jacks. Had no issues with setting up the return (actually it might be the easiest return i have ever done on a product through the mail). Jacks r better has been a real pleasure to work with and seem to have great businesses operations. However, it is unfortunate that this hammock did not work out for me. There are alot of features that were great and made for a suitable camping hammock. But between the stretching on the seam and the hassle of the bug net this was not going to work out. I gave it a try and just didnt pan out as i envisioned it when i originally purchased this hammock. Sometimes its best to move on try something new. I want to thank the jacks for giving me the opportunity to check out there great hammock and everyone on this forum for the input. Definitely going to look into purchasing a new hammock.. but not exactly sure what direction i am going to go in. Ill keep ya posted. Thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Well,

Ive boxed up by BMBH to send back to the Jacks. Had no issues with setting up the return (actually it might be the easiest return i have ever done on a product through the mail). Jacks r better has been a real pleasure to work with and seem to have great businesses operations. However, it is unfortunate that this hammock did not work out for me. There are alot of features that were great and made for a suitable camping hammock. But between the stretching on the seam and the hassle of the bug net this was not going to work out. I gave it a try and just didnt pan out as i envisioned it when i originally purchased this hammock. Sometimes its best to move on try something new. I want to thank the jacks for giving me the opportunity to check out there great hammock and everyone on this forum for the input. Definitely going to look into purchasing a new hammock.. but not exactly sure what direction i am going to go in. Ill keep ya posted. Thanks
    I know where you are coming from, Eric. When I got mine a couple of years ago, it was so different I freaked and sent it back. I later had 2nd thoughts on that and got another one. It has become one of my favorite hammocks in many ways. Mine also has the light showing through the stitches, but so far so good, it has not worsened. And the Net kind of grew on me, hated it at first(or at least the Omni tape) but decided it is not so bad considering weight and the ability to take it off completely when it is cold(no bugs). I think you maybe were referring to me, when you said some one over here folded the net down like a blanket? Any way, that's what I do, and half the time I don't even bother with closing up all of the Omnitape, I just let it hang inside with me.

great video, BTW! One of the best BMBH videos I've seen, even though you were going to send it back.

So, what are you going to get now?

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    Thanks BB58,

i figured i would shoot a vid of being in the hammock and what i thought about the interior, mainly because that is where u r going to be sleeping and spending your time making it pretty important to me.

I feel better about u also sending yours back, that helps me not feel like such a obsessive or nit-picky camper. I did choose this hammock over alot of others due to several reasons, but for now it just didnt meet my hammock needs. Maybe further down the road i too will want to go back to the comfortable flat environment that the BMBH provides its occupant.

As for where i go from here i am trying to really look at all options and see what i think will fit me and my camping needs the best. For right now i think the WBBB is the front runner. Its hard to find anybody saying anything bad about the thing and it is loaded with features. Again any input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

Sorry i didnt give u any cred for the "blanket procedure" on the bug net install in the vid, its hard to remember who said what from these forums

I appreciate the review. I've been thinking about buying one and was going to do it today. JRB hasn't responded to an email that I sent, though, asking about the weight limit of the hammock. With clothes and gear I'm over the 275 weight limit by about 10 pounds. Seems to me that if skinnier people than me stretch out that seam like that (as a couple of people have posted) then I'd really have problems with it.

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    No prob Bigwig.... i cant help u with the weight issue... hope that you enjoy it, they r really good about responding to emails and answering questions.

No prob Bigwig.... i cant help u with the weight issue... hope that you enjoy it, they r really good about responding to emails and answering questions.
    Yeah, I just heard back from them. They seem great but said that they wouldn't recommend the hammock for anything over 275 for long term durability. Oh, well, I have to get something else, now.

Images
    As for where i go from here i am trying to really look at all options and see what i think will fit me and my camping needs the best. For right now i think the WBBB is the front runner. Its hard to find anybody saying anything bad about the thing and it is loaded with features. Again any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Very hard to go wrong with the WBBB. In fact, slept in mine last night for further testing of IX UQ. I had a very good nights sleep.

P.S.

Sorry i didnt give u any cred for the "blanket procedure" on the bug net install in the vid, its hard to remember who said what from these forums
    No problem what so ever! There are a lot of posts here. I just thought it was kind of funny and never happened before. Where I am watching someone's video and then hear someone say something, which causes me to think "Hmmm, wonder if he is talking about me? Kind of sounds like it".

I'm just happy that I could say something repeatable, even if you couldn't remember who said it!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 05-21-2010 at 14:46.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12