Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    TZBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fenton, Michigan
    Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Posts
    1,578
    Absolutely wonderful. Great fellowship and fantastic scenery.
    These are good times to remember.

    I hope to get to the gorge for the fall hang with you all
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

    My PHOTOS

    My VIDEOS

  2. #22
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,492
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Well done Shug ... lover of the Big Ditch ... thank you for the series. Something an old Gorge Rat loves to watch and remember.
    One of your best series of videos ... an amazing trip with your friends.
    i have my GR sticker proudly on my van ....... I get wistful when I see it. Cannot wait to return.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Burrito View Post
    Shug......What a trip for you two. Thanks for taking us along via video.

    Really enjoyed watching as each video came out. Thanks again, and we'll see ya' in the Fall! Whoooobuddy!
    Wish we could hung out more .... pun intended. I sure hope to be there..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Fantastic Shug! What a tribute to your bonds with old friends and new! And you sure did the old Linville Gorge proud. That Carolina Blue Sky from Hawksbill was beautiful. You guys had the trip of a lifetime in my book. Thank you so much for sharing so generously.

    Enjoyed seeing the critters at Hickery's farm too. We raised cattle for 25 years and I sure do miss 'em.

    Ken
    That sky was breathtaking that morn .... another gift given by the Gorge.
    Hickery has a terrific spread out there in VA.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    That time on Hawk's Bill was special... up there in the maw of the fast moving weather, blue sky above and wispy clouds invading just below your elevation.

    We were at Louise's when the heavy rain hit... the waitress reported that you fellers had left with a dozen hot dogs. Hawk-eye left with a whole Strawberry Rhubard Pie.

    Love yer Whipping Post! Heard it once before... well done!

    - MacEntyre
    It so was. The clouds were totally caressing us.
    Man ... those hot dogs were top shelf.

    Quote Originally Posted by clb View Post
    Well Shug I saved my applause for the finale...hard to do as the eyelid scene had me rolling in the floor, along with many others!!! It was a tough week at work and your trip report really helped keep me sane....that and the fact I have a trip to New Mexico planned for week after next

    I have to tell you I have really enjoyed all of your videos, and every time I hang my hammock there's a little voice in my head saying, "on zee knot...not zee toggle" LOL
    Thanks for sharing,
    Leigh
    Zee knot ...... haaaaa. So glad you watched and witnessed the fun. This trip will have to take me through the summer as I will not get a trip until fall.
    I no like summer camping anyhow ..... HEAT no like Shug.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    Another great video series! For those of us who can not get out on our own outdoor adventures as often as we would like. Due to the demands of work or the other pressures of everyday life. We are able to live vicariously through your so generously shared videos. While watching many of us are able to escape the everyday hum drum of our lives. Then when we have to back to it. Everything some how seems more bearable. Keep the videos coming! Till the next one arrives. I will be keeping sharp eye out on sector seven for ya!
    I am fortunate to work for a terrific boss .... ME!!!
    As an entertainer I can control my schedule somewhat. Also ... I made the choice to live life and keep my spirit bright after seeing some of my family never have an adventure. Plus, my wife is an ambitious workaholic. All she wants from me is to make her laugh and cook her lobster on the grill......
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  3. #23
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,492
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Absolutely wonderful. Great fellowship and fantastic scenery.
    These are good times to remember.

    I hope to get to the gorge for the fall hang with you all
    I hope we get to meet there .....
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  4. #24
    Senior Member Oscar-Blackeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware, OH USA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB Webbing/Dutch!
    Posts
    276
    I don't know about anyone else, but the conclusion struck some heart strings for me. Now I'm hungry for some dogs! (just not gram weenies. hehe)
    Proving to the world that I can hang.

  5. #25
    Senior Member lazy river road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Posts
    3,242
    Images
    152
    By Far my favorite of the series yet. Had me laughing, dancing round the living room and itching to get out into the woods. Loving the Shug and Friends intro espically. Thanks shug for bringing us along with you on the gorge trip and all that you shared, cant wait to make this trip in October.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

    Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

  6. #26
    Senior Member bigbamaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE Alabama
    Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Posts
    2,426
    Shug:
    Thank you for another great ride!!!!!!!! May you have many more great trips and adventures so the rest of can live vicariously through you!!!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

  7. #27
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Thanks, for inviting us all,
    to the Hickery brothers adventures at the Gorge.

    Strangely enough Stormcrow seems like a more likely brother,
    judging by the hair color.

    This was a different production , not better or worse, just different.
    I can't put my finger on right now . but i liked it !
    Is relaxed the word?

    It was nice to see that Stormcrow fitted right in there with the middle aged crew

    But i didn't like the Stormcrow commercial !
    Because i thought i was alright with my UQ collection ,
    and now i think i might have to add one


    *EDIT*
    How much is that summer UQ, Stormcrow?
    Last edited by moski; 05-29-2010 at 10:12. Reason: Asking Stormcrow
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  8. #28
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,492
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar-Blackeagle View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but the conclusion struck some heart strings for me. Now I'm hungry for some dogs! (just not gram weenies. hehe)
    I am kinda sad ..... it was a fun series to edit and shoot.
    ohhhhh ..... hot dogs .... Carolina style ....m-m-m-m-m-m-m-
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    By Far my favorite of the series yet. Had me laughing, dancing round the living room and itching to get out into the woods. Loving the Shug and Friends intro espically. Thanks shug for bringing us along with you on the gorge trip and all that you shared, cant wait to make this trip in October.
    I thought "High on a Mountain" fit just right .... one of my faves to pick and sing.
    Here is to both of making it to the Gorge in October!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Shug:
    Thank you for another great ride!!!!!!!! May you have many more great trips and adventures so the rest of can live vicariously through you!!!!!!
    Man ..... I soooo wish. This trip will be tough to beat.

    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Thanks, for inviting us all,
    to the Hickery brothers adventures at the Gorge.

    Strangely enough Stormcrow seems like a more likely brother,
    judging by the hair color.

    This was a different production , not better or worse, just different.
    I can't put my finger on right now . but i liked it !
    Is relaxed the word
    ?

    It was nice to see that Stormcrow fitted right in there with the middle aged crew

    But i didn't like the Stormcrow commercial !
    Because i thought i was alright with my UQ collection ,
    and now i think i might have to add one


    *EDIT*
    How much is that summer UQ, Stormcrow?
    I think "relaxed" is perfect for a description! So much easier to shoot a trip .... just turn on the camera and capture the mood. No script .... no in-depth gear talk ....just seeing gear in action. Not having to think about the production. I just lay in the hammock every night and watch what I shot that day and the story starts to piece itself together based on that content.
    I may never do another gear demo or any of that other rubbish .... trip reports only!!!!

    So now I must dedicate myself to the woods and plan many a trip .... even to Sweden. That would be terrific!!!!!!!!

    Stormcrow did fit in with us just right .... he just needs to sing more..... Sung to the tune "Summer Breeze"......."summer quilt .... makes me feel fine .... heres my money when do I get mine???"
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  9. #29
    stormcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,488
    Images
    25

    Summer quilt.....

    I would be proud to call Hickory or Shug a brother any day.

    Man, I just keep watching that footage from Hawksbill and I know that is going to be one of the memories I keep with me forever. Such a good time with such good people. Thank again for letting me hang with you two for some of your trip. Give me a call when you are going out again...if you aint sick of me. I will bring the potted meat and hotdogs!

    "The Stormcrow commercial"....lol. Yeah, I am not that great in front of a camera but my quilt and I were there in the moment...

    I posted in a thread over at "The Perfect Trees" subforum regarding some summer quilt information...

    p.s. I can't get the new lyrics to "Summer Breeze" out of my mind now...lol. Maybe I will post an MP3 of my version.....but maybe not! lol.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Oscar-Blackeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware, OH USA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB Webbing/Dutch!
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I would be proud to call Hickory or Shug a brother any day.

    Man, I just keep watching that footage from Hawksbill and I know that is going to be one of the memories I keep with me forever. Such a good time with such good people. Thank again for letting me hang with you two for some of your trip. Give me a call when you are going out again...if you aint sick of me. I will bring the potted meat and hotdogs!

    "The Stormcrow commercial"....lol. Yeah, I am not that great in front of a camera but my quilt and I were there in the moment...

    I posted in a thread over at "The Perfect Trees" subforum regarding some summer quilt information...

    p.s. I can't get the new lyrics to "Summer Breeze" out of my mind now...lol. Maybe I will post an MP3 of my version.....but maybe not! lol.
    It's the first time I've seen Shug (in his videos) eat stuff like potted meat and and spam (did he eat some or was he just showing it off?). I can just imagine him singing from his hammock, "Spam in the morning..." lol I love me some beanie weenies. That's comfort food. I can't imagine carrying it in my pack all the way to the top of a mountain. I'd have to go without something else, like water.

    Summer Breeze, one of my all-time favorite tunes. It brings back great memories of childhood and summer for me. I also like the Type-O version, but the original is the best.
    Proving to the world that I can hang.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •