Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 302
  1. #101
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    OK, now I get it

    Of course you will need plenty of "snake juice" to protect yourself from all kinds of dangerous snakes.

    The Polar Killer Constrictor is not so bad, worse is the Sapmi Ball Cracker Snake and the Maxi Mosquito Poison Bleeder.
    They are really bad, the only cure for that is some 12-yrs Single Malt Snake Juice from the Scottish island Islay.....

    12-yrs Single Malt Snake Juice

  2. #102
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1969 View Post
    Nope, to early for that.
    But we can make a winter hang in the dark and cold january....

    That should actually be very fun and very "do-able".
    I´ve tried some winterhanging and it´s really nice when it´s cold and clear weather. Nice to look at the stars when hammocking, no need for tarp when it´s cold and clear, the risk of snow is very small when it´s minus 20-25 celsius. But freaking awesome to experience.....
    I might be intressted in that some day


    Quote Originally Posted by TheWild View Post
    Your 'Allemansrätt' is something for so many other countries to strive for!
    /TheWild
    Don't you have allemansrätt over there in Denmark ?
    I thought the whole Scandininavia had it .

    Apperenly not
    I just had to look that up !

    In Scotland and the Nordic countries of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden as well as the Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania the freedom to roam may take the form of general public rights which are sometimes codified in law. The access is ancient in parts of Northern Europe and has been regarded as sufficiently basic that it was not formalised in law until modern times.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam



    Quote Originally Posted by peter1969 View Post
    OK, now I get it

    Of course you will need plenty of "snake juice" to protect yourself from all kinds of dangerous snakes.

    The Polar Killer Constrictor is not so bad, worse is the Sapmi Ball Cracker Snake and the Maxi Mosquito Poison Bleeder.
    They are really bad, the only cure for that is some 12-yrs Single Malt Snake Juice from the Scottish island Islay.....

    12-yrs Single Malt Snake Juice

    That one, looked really ,really expensive ?
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    When is the campout planned for? I'm headed back to Norway in October. Not sure of the dates yet, but I'll have 2 or 3 weekends to play with. Been thinking about heading to the north coast of Norway. I know it will be too early for a great show, but if the skys look clear I want to see the Northern lights.

    I'm a little limited in my transportation, but able to fly or take the train somewhere and meet up if anyone is planning on a hike.

    Nate
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  4. #104
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    When is the campout planned for? I'm headed back to Norway in October. Not sure of the dates yet, but I'll have 2 or 3 weekends to play with. Been thinking about heading to the north coast of Norway. I know it will be too early for a great show, but if the skys look clear I want to see the Northern lights.

    I'm a little limited in my transportation, but able to fly or take the train somewhere and meet up if anyone is planning on a hike.

    Nate
    Hi Coffee !
    You are sadly a bit late, this hang is planned to 10 -12 September.
    You probably saw that we just started to talk about a cold winter hang.
    My guess is that October is a bit early for that hang ?

    Are you staying in Norway for 3-4 weeks starting in the beginning of October ?
    We got some Norwegian hangars here at HF.
    gauperaa
    Here is his blog http://goinglighter.blogspot.com/

    @Bomber
    Can you add the date, 10-12 September to the first post ?
    Last edited by moski; 08-10-2010 at 13:08. Reason: Added date Q
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  5. #105
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1969 View Post
    OK, now I get it


    The Polar Killer Constrictor is not so bad, worse is the Sapmi Ball Cracker Snake and the Maxi Mosquito Poison Bleeder.
    They are really bad, the only cure for that is some 12-yrs Single Malt Snake Juice from the Scottish island Islay.....

    12-yrs Single Malt Snake Juice
    I heard some where, that the colder it gets - the worse the snake problems become

    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post

    Don't you have allemansrätt over there in Denmark ?



    That one, looked really ,really expensive ?
    No allemansrätt here, it´s actually illegal to camp outside designated camp spots, allthough a pad and tarp is accepted(so far hammocks just causes smiles and nice remarks). But laws are seldom enforced if you LNT.

    That bottle sells for 850.- dkr here in denmark....

    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    @Bomber
    Can you add the date, 10-12 September to the first post ?
    Yes... added with a little help from angrysparrow

    -Bomber
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  6. #106
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    When it becomes really cold the recommended Snake Juice to use is Forestflower Special. It can be found in different outhouses and you can probably smell your way to where it´s made. But beware of the man in the uniform, he will make sure that you´ll never get use of your hammock again...

    Hope to see some kinds of different hammocks as well as different kinds of snake juice at the hangout....

  7. #107
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1969 View Post
    When it becomes really cold the recommended Snake Juice to use is Forestflower Special. It can be found in different outhouses and you can probably smell your way to where it´s made.
    I did try that once, some years ago in Sweden after a shooting exercise- powerfull stuff! kept me cured until next morning
    I think that stuff is polar rated

    -Bomber
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Hi Coffee !
    You are sadly a bit late, this hang is planned to 10 -12 September.
    You probably saw that we just started to talk about a cold winter hang.
    My guess is that October is a bit early for that hang ?


    Are you staying in Norway for 3-4 weeks starting in the beginning of October ?
    We got some Norwegian hangars here at HF.
    gauperaa
    Here is his blog http://goinglighter.blogspot.com/

    @Bomber
    Can you add the date, 10-12 September to the first post ?
    Thanks for the correction.

    Learned today my trip got pushed until early next year. I can never plan too much with this job. Will keep you posted. Would be fun to make it to a winter hang there. Let me know when you guys come up with a date, and I'll try to convience my job to send me there then.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  9. #109
    New Member sm4inv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Torsby, Sweden
    Hammock
    DIY Speer type (dual layer)
    Tarp
    DIY 3 x 3 m
    Insulation
    Closed cell ground
    Suspension
    tree huggers + ws
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    I did try that once, some years ago in Sweden after a shooting exercise- powerfull stuff! kept me cured until next morning
    I think that stuff is polar rated

    -Bomber
    Was in Scotland last year, visited Aberlour destillery. Had a taste of the clear stuff directly from the destillery pan, tasted like Forestflower Special and smelled like Moonshine Special, could not drink it, gave it to my friend. The Aberlour a'bunadh (=Aberlour original) was very nice though...

    /p-a

  10. #110
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    Yes, Aberlour make nice whisky to.
    But I rank Lagavulin and Laphroig higher.....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •