Hammock
    UK Royal Navy 1950´s
    Tarp
    DIY Speer tarp
    Insulation
    slfnfltbl mattress
    Suspension
    toggle & rope
    I just went to San Antonio last week and saw a Milky Way panoramic ad beside I-35 just crossing downtown. It featured a woman laying on a hammock made by the caramel of a bar that had just been teared apart. It looked quite cool! Regretfully, I have not been able to find it on the web yet.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sounds like a sticky way to wake up, and you'd need a serious bug net with all that goo on you!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    UK Royal Navy 1950´s
    Tarp
    DIY Speer tarp
    Insulation
    slfnfltbl mattress
    Suspension
    toggle & rope
    LOL, yes indeed!
    Maybe you would need to eat your way out of the hammock.
    Forget the bugs. What bear would resist that treat? Yummy!

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Not sure if this counts, but while cruising through Berryville, Va a few days ago, which is very close to the AT, I noticed a van with a very large ENO logo on the side of it. I assume they were a sales rep, or something to that effect. Thought it was kind of strange considering I had just bought an ENO DN and had just left a separate store where I bought rings and webbing for my DIY hammock.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    lizzie - That one of the guy hanging under the truck is great. I'm going to guess Vietnam? It's such an integral part of their lives there.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    UK Royal Navy 1950´s
    Tarp
    DIY Speer tarp
    Insulation
    slfnfltbl mattress
    Suspension
    toggle & rope
    Two years ago I went in a cruise to Jamaica, Great Cayman and Cozumel, and in the last two there were branches of this Mexican Restaurant-bar, Señor Frog´s.

I bought a t-shirt, and a fridge magnet with this logo. The background was different, since this is only the logo.

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    lizzie - That one of the guy hanging under the truck is great. I'm going to guess Vietnam? It's such an integral part of their lives there.
    Hi Knotty, I dunno - I found the picture on the net and posted it because it was so darn interesting. I'm guessing Vietnam too.

Despite the crotch shot, the picture does not really show the gigantic brass cajones the guy has for stringing a hammock underneath a semi

(Either that or he must be the driver and must be sure the keys are in his pocket along with the distributor cap!)

Hammock
    UK Royal Navy 1950´s
    Tarp
    DIY Speer tarp
    Insulation
    slfnfltbl mattress
    Suspension
    toggle & rope
    Many years ago, I think at the beginnings of the 80's, we were stuck with like 3-4 hours with hundreds of cars and trucks near Tampico, waiting for the ferry, before they made a very long bridge. I remember that a lot of truckers were hanging in hammocks from hooks at the edges of their truck´s bed. 18 Wheelers were not so common yet back then, but trucks with 3 or 4 axles called tortons, I suppose a deformation of four-ton.
    Here is a photo of this kind of truck with a hammock, from a german web site of all the places. By the way, that other trucker is chinesse. Just found out trying to find this photo.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...winks-can.html

Hammock
    BIAS 11 footer
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    pitbull Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Hi Knotty, I dunno - I found the picture on the net and posted it because it was so darn interesting. I'm guessing Vietnam too.

Despite the crotch shot, the picture does not really show the gigantic brass cajones the guy has for stringing a hammock underneath a semi

(Either that or he must be the driver and must be sure the keys are in his pocket along with the distributor cap!)
    In a previous "life" I spent some time in Central and South America. I sometimes would have to contract local truckers to move equipment and supplies. Wallyworld sold these little $5 net hammock that I would buy 5 - 10 at a time in the States to give to the drivers to show appreciation. Then they would use them under their rigs! This picture brought back some interesting memories. Thanks!

PS I did pick up a large braided hammock for myself. It is huge. I guess it was a sign of things to come for me. HA!
    Ken T.

“Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
    ― John Muir
    Watches synchronized, sharp mind and empty bladder. You get caught, demand an attorney and don't ever say my name. - Agent Simmons
    "With your eyes closed you can't tell the difference between Tyvek and Cuben." - Knotty

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast