View Poll Results: which do you prefer

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • tom claytors hammock

    3 12.00%
  • tom hennessey hammocks

    22 88.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,151
    Images
    295

    tom hennessey vs tom claytor

    i have been using hennessey hammocks for almost 5 years
    i never thought i would see the day when i would no longer use the hennessey hammock,the tom claytor hammock eliminates the need for under quilts,undersheilds.and even over quilts,it may be alittle heavier but the wieght and high cost of these accessorries really and up,my vote is with tom claytor neo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i have been using hennessey hammocks for almost 5 years
    i never thought i would see the day when i would no longer use the hennessey hammock,the tom claytor hammock eliminates the need for under quilts,undersheilds.and even over quilts,it may be alittle heavier but the wieght and high cost of these accessorries really and up,my vote is with tom claytor neo
    Wow no top or bottom insulation needed. If it includes an air conditioner I'm in.

    I loved my HH for the last year, but now I am a homemade convert.

  3. #3
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,151
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Wow no top or bottom insulation needed. If it includes an air conditioner I'm in.

    I loved my HH for the last year, but now I am a homemade convert.
    with the double bottom i just slide a cheap army 24 x 72 in pad between the two layers,the pad dont slip and you cant even tell its there neo

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    I figured that is what you ment. I just couldn't resist.

    Neo are you going to make the Winter Campout?

  5. #5
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,151
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I figured that is what you ment. I just couldn't resist.

    Neo are you going to make the Winter Campout?


    were is it going to be,i am only off every 3rd weekend,most of my of time is during the middle of the week neo

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    were is it going to be,i am only off every 3rd weekend,most of my of time is during the middle of the week neo

    Not sure yet. Put your vote in for your location. That way we can include your location in picking a place.

  7. #7
    my votes on hennessy i have a tom claytor hammock and i much prefer the hh

  8. #8
    Senior Member Just Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    8,012
    Images
    32
    So you don't even need a top quilt in the Claytor?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

    - My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

    IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

  9. #9
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,151
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    So you don't even need a top quilt in the Claytor?
    nope,its easy to use a sleeping bag in my claytor,snugg and zipped up neo

  10. #10
    Senior Member headchange4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Posts
    6,267
    Images
    35
    I have wanted to ask this for a while now, so here goes. The Tom Claytor Jungle Hammock is said to be made from "Camouflage waterproof fabric. 100% waterproof and also suitable for snow and winter camping.". I know silnylon can get kinda clammy in dealing with moisture and condesation.

    Have you experienced anything like this with the TC hammock? Is the hammock fabric breathable at all?

    I can't compare the TC with the HH because I don't own a TC......yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •