Question FINAL TWO: Hennessy Hammock Deep Jungle V.S. Hyperlite?

I've finally limited down my hammock options to two:
    the HH Hyperlite and the HH Deep Jungle.

I'm trying to go ultra-light and be cost effective.
    I will probably do most of my camping during summer, some fall, some spring, and MAYBE even a little winter.

So what I am factoring is ultralightness, comfort, insulation, and cost.
    The Deep Jungle has a double layer place to put an included bubble pad that weighs about 10 oz. and with the Hyperlight I could go with the Super Shelter but it would cost much more.

BUT, I don't want to carry Deep Jungle and need Super Shelter also and I want to factor in the comfort between the pad and the UQ.

So I ask you hammock experts out there, what should I do???

Also, I'v read in many places around here how people have gotten HH hammocks 50% off and and I would not mind getting in on this. How can I get the best deal?

Lastly, the Deep Jungle has a zip where as the Hyperlite has the bottom entry and I have tried neither of these out, but they both sound appealing to me....

Thanks everybody!

Ariel

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    Just went through this myself,

I went with an ultralight, and the SS.

I did this for form and function.

I wanted the zipper, and have had a mod done on a Hyperlight which was fantastic, but didnt want to wait.

I wanted to get a smaller tarp, and the SS allowed for that. Also I have the option of using the SS as a UQ protector in the winter, and not using the pad in the summer, thus no extra weight.

So far I am happy with my decision.. There is a small weight penalty between the Hyper and the Ultra, but far less still than that of a Jungle.

IMHO of course

"dirt"
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ArielTRV View Post

I'm trying to go ultra-light and be cost effective.

and I want to factor in the comfort between the pad and the UQ.
    Ariel
    There is a saying... the lighter it is, the more it cost!!!
    The best way I've found to off set the price of my quilts was to learn to make them myself
    I've tried an Exped down air mat (dam) and I've tried under quilts with my hammock. Unless you've got a way (like a sleeve built into the bottom of your hammock to hold the dam) of keeping the pad from moving... I found I rolled off of it all through the night. And my arms were cold when they touched the sides of the hammock. But if you take care of those problems, a pad will be comfortable. (well that is unless you find out that your one of those that sweats when laying on them) A quilt, on the other hand, is absolutely heaven!! Cost more too!!!

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    FWIW, I prefer the hyperlight. you could always make your own second layer if you wanted another layer later without buying the SuperShelter. I've tried the SuperShelter and didn't care for it. But you could use an old tarp and make a "hammock" out of it for spacing your pads between it and the hammock. Getting a side zipper added is an option. with 2Q/ZQ, I've been thinking about it ever since my wife got a Deep Jungle. Unfortunately Hennessy doesn't make a hyperlight with a zipper. The other option is to just use pads inside the hammock which is what I do.

I'm compiling the Deep Jungle review now so you can get a look at it. I hope to get it uploaded before I go to work at about 4pm today.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    I would do the Deep Jungle if you don't want to make any additional changes. The Hyperlite with a zipper modification would be best though. Having a zipper allows easier adjustment of the Supershelter, as it requires some trial and error with the bottom entry.

You can use any pad, clothing, or even dry leaves (in a bag) in a double layer hammock. Hennessy is pushing the reflective pad, which probably works well, but just don't think it is the only option.

I have the Hyperlite with Supershelter, as well as a Warbonnet Blackbird and Crowsnest. The double layer makes it easier to use a pad until you have enough cash for an underquilt. I like the Supershelter, but it isn't as easy as an underquilt.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Only you can really answer this b/c the pros/cons are pretty obvious. Hyperlite is much lighter but Deep Jungle has some bells and whistles (which cost ounces). Which one is more important to you? There's your answer...

At the risk of complicating things, is there a reason you're not considering the Warbonnet Blackbird? You get the zipper, and you can get it 1.1 oz double layer if the pad pocket is important to you.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images