Tarp
    10X10
    Insulation
    thermarest
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adkmcmahon View Post
    Just got myself a new NX-250 and I love it!!!!!! Had an NA that I thought I'd always be true to but now I find myself dedicated only to my 250.

Welcome to the "NA-to-NX250 upgrade club"! We'll teach you the secret handshake shortly!

It's one beauty of a hammock, no?
    Yesterday's tomorrow is tomorrow's yesterday. It's the only day that counts.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Earplugs...

Just a small tip from the moto side of things. Your local Audiologist can make custom fitted ones and they are the best way to ride/sleep (if made right). They will not cause your ear canals to hurt because they are poured into your ear and thus are formed perfectly for that 8 to 10 hour night. Mine ran aboput $50, worth every penny.
    Mark is the name and If there is more than one way to understand what I just said....I meant the good one.

Earth First! We'll dirt bike ride the other planets later.

Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Just a small tip from the moto side of things. Your local Audiologist can make custom fitted ones and they are the best way to ride/sleep (if made right). They will not cause your ear canals to hurt because they are poured into your ear and thus are formed perfectly for that 8 to 10 hour night. Mine ran aboput $50, worth every penny.
    How do these compare to the disposable foam ones... comfort wise?
    KJ

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    The foam plugs always caused my ears to hurt. The trade off being fit with sound reduction. My take is comfort levels are much better than foam and sound reduction is about the same maybe a bit better (compared to proper foam plugs). Best hearing protection out IMO...some do not like the custom plugs FYI. At the rifle range they have no comparison when coupled with ear muffs. They cover a portion of your outer ear as well.

One very nice thing is wash your hands and your plugs at the same time. They last a long time as in years. Hijack ends...
    Mark is the name and If there is more than one way to understand what I just said....I meant the good one.

Earth First! We'll dirt bike ride the other planets later.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

My choice of plugs

I love the E.A.R. TaperFits (the yellow ones). Very soft, and come in two sizes. So far I have not experienced any discomfort from the plugs. Rite-Ais sells a tan plug, name escapes me, that is almost as soft.

I have never tried the custom fit ones, or the self-mouldable silicone ones. I like the idea of chucking them after a couple of uses (cannot be washed as they absorb water and swell up).

Now those plugs that are rigid - the ones that sort of look like a pine tree - are horribly uncomfortable to me. Hate 'em.

Jim

Just remembered: Rite Aid sells Hear-Ohs or something like that. They are OK if you cannot get E.A.R. plugs.
    Last edited by Jsaults; 09-20-2010 at 15:44.