Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51
  1. #1
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34

    The first HF EURO hang !

    It's about time, don't you think ?
    When and where?

    I start by suggesting next spring?

    What do you think?
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  2. #2
    Senior Member TheWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    It's about time, don't you think ?
    When and where?

    I start by suggesting next spring?

    What do you think?
    We almost had the same idea for a thread:

    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=21711

    Should I change the title back to Scandinavian Winter Hang Out?

    /Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

  3. #3
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWild View Post
    We almost had the same idea for a thread:

    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=21711

    Should I change the title back to Scandinavian Winter Hang Out?

    /Wild
    At the same time as well

    Doesn't matter i think, since this one is not a winter hang !
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  4. #4
    Senior Member TheWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    At the same time as well

    Doesn't matter i think, since this one is not a winter hang !
    If we go through with the winter hang this winter, your thread will have a wrong title

    /Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

  5. #5
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWild View Post
    If we go through with the winter hang this winter, your thread will have a wrong title

    /Wild
    ****, You are right!
    We better skip the winter hang then
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  6. #6
    Senior Member TheWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    ****, You are right!
    We better skip the winter hang then
    LOL yeah... let's not have too much fun

    Btw... I'm in one this hang as well
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

  7. #7
    New Member Q_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grudziadz, Poland
    Hammock
    Gathered-end DIY
    Tarp
    rectangular
    Insulation
    CCF+polar blanket
    Suspension
    straps
    Posts
    46
    Maybe taking a part of any of European Walking Routes will be a good option?

    If you will happen to be here where I live:
    Bieszczady Mountains are kinda magical, really remote and wild place.
    Also, if you like to walk on something flat - the Masurian Lake District is a place just one of its kind.
    I'm feeling kinda alone here in my hammock, all the other people are sleeping in tents

    There are many Europeans in the HF, but they are seldom lurkers, looking for gear-oriented info .

  8. #8
    Senior Member TheWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_x View Post
    Maybe taking a part of any of European Walking Routes will be a good option?

    If you will happen to be here where I live:
    Bieszczady Mountains are kinda magical, really remote and wild place.
    Also, if you like to walk on something flat - the Masurian Lake District is a place just one of its kind.
    I'm feeling kinda alone here in my hammock, all the other people are sleeping in tents

    There are many Europeans in the HF, but they are seldom lurkers, looking for gear-oriented info .
    Don't know about the rest of ya, but going to Poland would be cool! Never been there and no need for you to be a lonely hanger, when we are so many from Europe

    How do you get to your area? Are there any airports?

    /Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

  9. #9
    New Member Q_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grudziadz, Poland
    Hammock
    Gathered-end DIY
    Tarp
    rectangular
    Insulation
    CCF+polar blanket
    Suspension
    straps
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWild View Post
    How do you get to your area? Are there any airports?
    Wilderness and airports don't mix well here, sorry.
    Sure there are some airports, like three or four :P Everyone here is preparing for Euro 2012, they will not make nothing in time, but it will be "normal" someday here hopefully
    Its not far/long to drive from Denmark, this may be an option too.

    Its not far from Scandinavia when you take a ferry - we have planned to visit Sweden next (2011 or 2012) summer.

  10. #10
    Senior Member TheWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_x View Post
    Wilderness and airports don't mix well here, sorry.
    Sure there are some airports, like three or four :P Everyone here is preparing for Euro 2012, they will not make nothing in time, but it will be "normal" someday here hopefully
    Its not far/long to drive from Denmark, this may be an option too.

    Its not far from Scandinavia when you take a ferry - we have planned to visit Sweden next (2011 or 2012) summer.
    LOL, I didn't mean that I was hoping to land a plane right next to the camp site
    Let me rephrase: what is the nearest airport?

    Or is it easier by ferry? I know that bringing a car on the ferry isn't cheap at all, so maybe it's possible to walk onboard and then find another means of transportation once in Poland?

    /Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •