Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Senior Member Flatfishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Hammock
    WBBB & WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    unsponsored/Incuba
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    126
    i'll keep an eye on it too.

  2. #22
    New Member Bionical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Hammock
    Clark North American Camo
    Tarp
    Rain Fly XL
    Posts
    11
    Hey Euro hangers, is this first Euro HF hangout going somewhere?
    You can count me in anywhere in Europe, or I can suggest some nice places in Belgium to hangout and share stories... and before anyone reacts yes I'll bring the beer

  3. #23
    Tjalling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Haarlem, The Netherlands
    Hammock
    WBBB1.7 dbl,
    Tarp
    OES DL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    133
    Images
    13

    Smile

    Belgium beer sounds good to me. I opt for Westmalle triple if you don't mind. It will become even more interresting if you suggest a spot with fly fishing opportunities!

  4. #24
    Senior Member TheWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionical View Post
    Hey Euro hangers, is this first Euro HF hangout going somewhere?
    You can count me in anywhere in Europe, or I can suggest some nice places in Belgium to hangout and share stories... and before anyone reacts yes I'll bring the beer
    Hey Bionical!

    Glad to have you with us on the Euro hang! I think we'll be able to arrange the HF hang with most attending nationalities

    It is indeed going somewhere... the discussion might have slowed down a bit, since some of us are planning a winter hang in Sweden (end of january 2011). Hope you'll join us at that one too

    Nice of you to offer the beer... I love Belgian beer (especially some of the Trapist beer).
    In regards to location, I think we're waiting for all interested members to come forward and we'll then decide where to go. I wouldn't mind going to Belgium though

    /Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

  5. #25
    Senior Member TheWild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    492
    A list of members who have expressed interest in the Euro Hang so far:

    Bionical (Belgium)
    Flatfishy (England)
    moski (Sweden)
    Peter1969 (Sweden)
    TheWild (Denmark)
    Tjalling Weideman (The Netherlands)
    Q_x (Poland)

    6 different nationalities... cool!
    Let's hope that all or most of us will be hanging together soon!

    I'm sure we have several European HF members lurking in this thread, who want to join us but haven't commented yet (hint )

    /Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

  6. #26
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    Put me on list too, im sure i can hitch a ride with TheWild

    /Bomber
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  7. #27
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionical View Post
    Hey Euro hangers, is this first Euro HF hangout going somewhere?
    You can count me in anywhere in Europe, or I can suggest some nice places in Belgium to hangout and share stories... and before anyone reacts yes I'll bring the beer
    Slowly, it's just in the planning stage.
    We are aiming for spring.
    Nice that you are on
    Ehh, we Norsemen are kind of famous for drinking, that beer offer can get expensive

    Quote Originally Posted by Tjalling Weideman View Post
    Belgium beer sounds good to me. I opt for Westmalle triple if you don't mind. It will become even more interresting if you suggest a spot with fly fishing opportunities!
    We are open for suggestions.

    So far we got:
    • Belgium
    • Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWild View Post
    Hey Bionical!

    Glad to have you with us on the Euro hang! I think we'll be able to arrange the HF hang with most attending nationalities

    It is indeed going somewhere... the discussion might have slowed down a bit, since some of us are planning a winter hang in Sweden (end of january 2011). Hope you'll join us at that one too

    Nice of you to offer the beer... I love Belgian beer (especially some of the Trapist beer).
    In regards to location, I think we're waiting for all interested members to come forward and we'll then decide where to go. I wouldn't mind going to Belgium though
    /Wild
    I am with Wild here,
    lets see in this thread where the posters want us to go


    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Put me on list too, im sure i can hitch a ride with TheWild
    /Bomber
    I ques we kind of figured that you wanted to tag along
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  8. #28
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Ehh, we Norsemen are kind of famous for drinking, that beer offer can get expensive
    A few thousend years of evolution(and youth culture) have given us a gigantic liver to deal with alcohol..... dangerous offer

    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    I ques we kind of figured that you wanted to tag along
    [/QUOTE]

    I need my adventure fix.....

    /Bomber

    PS. How desperate are you when you wish for money(as a birthday gift) to cover travel expenses to hang outs???
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  9. #29
    Member logrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Hammock
    Hennessy Backpacker
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    J'R'B (Winter)Nest
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Posts
    78
    Images
    1
    I might be in.

    I'm a Norwegian currently living in Netherlands. I've not actually had a proper chance to hang yet (at least not outdoors) however my 4 week old baby is kind of cramping my hanging style... So at the moment I'm just slowly accumulating gear.

    Belgium would be a very good location for me as it would allow me to get there quite quickly by car thus hopefully allowing me to take 1-2 days away without my better half complaining too much (though to be fair her complaint will be that she can't come).

    Cheers,
    Tor Magnus

  10. #30
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by logrus View Post
    I might be in.

    I'm a Norwegian currently living in Netherlands. I've not actually had a proper chance to hang yet (at least not outdoors) however my 4 week old baby is kind of cramping my hanging style... So at the moment I'm just slowly accumulating gear.

    Belgium would be a very good location for me as it would allow me to get there quite quickly by car thus hopefully allowing me to take 1-2 days away without my better half complaining too much (though to be fair her complaint will be that she can't come).

    Cheers,
    Tor Magnus
    Nice !
    The more the merrier
    We have to see where we end up though.
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •