ENO Double nest
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    KAQ New river
    Suspension
    Whoopies & MSH

11 point river 4 day canoe camping

I havent done a trip report before so bear with me.

Trip started at richards canoe rental I have been going to them for over 10 years and its a family owned business. We stayed at there camp ground the first night and got there at dusk so i had to set up in the dark and did I mention that it was raining this was the fist time hanging for me and in the rain none the less. Learned my lesson about the ENO so called dry fly. Bottom of hammock got a little bit wet but I was on a air mat so I stayed warm and dry. We Put in at Greer wanted to be further up river but it was to low to float so we lost 10 miles of river at start. 2nd day was awesome no rain. nice float found a rope swing and had to swing on it rope look old but it held. camped at a placed called stinky pond. No it not stinky but only accesable from the river. had a great night.No rain slept like a log. 3rd day we had lots of river fog we stopped at a old abandoned mine shaft and had lunch. 3rd night we just pulled over and set up camp on the river have to say the view was Great from my hammock.Early the next morning we had a very loud hunting dog chaseing a deer on the other side of the river at about 5:30 in the morning I woke up and watched never saw the hunter just the dog he stopped and looked at me and wagged his tail and ran back off to his deer.4th day we stayed at boze mill this is a very old abandoned mill that was powered by the natural spring and pushes out like 22 millions gallons of water an hour or something like that. It is beautifull and extremely cold. I set my hammock at the top of the hill over looking the man made dam and the old turbine hearing that much water rush out i slept till 8 the next day couldnt hear anything but the water. This was the youngest of my ladies first canoe trip and extended stay in the wild she is hooked. This was a great vacation for me and my family.

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Great report. I've yet to see a hammock hanging on the 11, besides mine. I know ALL the good spots, and there aren't many, so don't take all my trees!

You got me on the mine shaft?

Boze Mill only puts out about 15-20 million gallons a day. Greer Spring is about 240 million a day. There are other springs that come up in the bottom of the river, so it's hard to say how springfed the Eleven Point really is, but it's COLD.

Hammock
    ENO Double nest
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    KAQ New river
    Suspension
    Whoopies & MSH
    I hadent seen it before but some of the trees were not in the way and i saw it and stopped was really coool the rangers have posted that you shouldnt go into the mines beacuse of the endangered bats so we just took a step in not far and looked in there use to be a big cave at one of the float camps but beacuse of ignorance(people writeing on the cave walls and leaving trash in there) it is now closed the put bars over the front so only the bats can go in and out and the trail is completely over grow

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Nice report thanks sharing!
    Terry

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Images

11 point

I have hung at my in-laws cabin in Pocahantis on the 11 point.. Actually under it so I would have no need for the tarp.. Nice cool river with good fishing and little traffic.

BEAS
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

Hammock
    DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Usually we charge an entry fee for Tennessee folks to float in Missouri but since you were hanging we'll waive it! ;-) That's a great river. I didn't know of the mine either. Here's a story I did on the drift boat there. http://www.ruralmissouri.org/09pages...Driftboat.html

You can hike part of the Ozark Trail here and also there's a trail through the Irish Wilderness that ends at the river. Hoping to do that this fall.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    looking for
    Insulation
    myself
    Suspension
    Polyproplene Strap
    hahahhaha I like the insulation listed there Big Jim Mac!! I had something similar. MYSELF!! lol

• + New Posts