Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member CajunHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Hammock
    Hennessey Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    BA Yampa, Exped 7s
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Posts
    435
    Images
    32

    Hammock Org Chart

    Has anyone ever done one?
    I was thinking it may be a good tool for newbies to see attempt to grasp the many different types hammocks and options available.
    To Boldly Hang Where No One Has Hung Before...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Hammock
    ENO DN w/ridgeline
    Tarp
    ENODF/MacCat D
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Posts
    155
    Images
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunHiker View Post
    Has anyone ever done one?
    I was thinking it may be a good tool for newbies to see attempt to grasp the many different types hammocks and options available.
    I think this spreadsheet is the closest thing that I've come across so far: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7887

    What it seems to lack is the "where with all" to base a decision off of. i.e. "I'm x ft tall and weigh y lbs, I wanna hang with my kids, dog, wife, baby kangaroo, and I live in Alaska but travel to Louisiana on a regular basis...which one is the right one for me?" Not sure there's really a way to put something like that together.

    Cheers,
    Kyle

  3. #3
    Senior Member Buffalo Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pensacola
    Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Posts
    864
    Images
    97
    I cannot access that page from this computer. Can someone post this in a different format for me to view?
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

    “The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Hammock
    ENO DN w/ridgeline
    Tarp
    ENODF/MacCat D
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Posts
    155
    Images
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    I cannot access that page from this computer. Can someone post this in a different format for me to view?

    Is it the page, or the google docs link on the page? PM me you're e-mail addy and I'll send it. BTW, the translation from Google Docs to my PC lost some of the data (I'm running 2007). It's actually better to view on Google Docs.

    Cheers,
    Kyle

  5. #5
    gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Middleville, Mi
    Hammock
    G-Bird II
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    AHE TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoop dutch!
    Posts
    6,091
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey.223 View Post

    What it seems to lack is the "where with all" to base a decision off of. i.e. "I'm x ft tall and weigh y lbs, I wanna hang with my kids, dog, wife, baby kangaroo, and I live in Alaska but travel to Louisiana on a regular basis...which one is the right one for me?" Not sure there's really a way to put something like that together.

    Cheers,
    Kyle
    Kyle.
    Awesome observation.
    I just answered those questions last week...

    You forgot to mention a favorite color and it needs to be sub 300 grams for the whole kit, packed, including food and water.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Hammock
    ENO DN w/ridgeline
    Tarp
    ENODF/MacCat D
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Posts
    155
    Images
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Kyle.
    Awesome observation.
    I just answered those questions last week...

    You forgot to mention a favorite color and it needs to be sub 300 grams for the whole kit, packed, including food and water.
    gargoyle: Thanks! I'm guilty of asking those types of questions myself. So...what was your solution for the kangaroo?

    Cheers,
    Kyle

  7. #7
    gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Middleville, Mi
    Hammock
    G-Bird II
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    AHE TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoop dutch!
    Posts
    6,091
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey.223 View Post
    gargoyle: Thanks! I'm guilty of asking those types of questions myself. So...what was your solution for the kangaroo?

    Cheers,
    Kyle
    oh thats an easy one. I'd usually defer that question to the Aussie boyz.

    But since you've asked me directly...

    He goes in the Pocket, Joey!
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Buffalo Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pensacola
    Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Posts
    864
    Images
    97
    The kangaroo IS the solution. It has its own pouch.

    And thanks for the spreadsheet. That was a BIG help.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

    “The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Hammock
    ENO DN w/ridgeline
    Tarp
    ENODF/MacCat D
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Posts
    155
    Images
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    oh thats an easy one. I'd usually defer that question to the Aussie boyz.

    But since you've asked me directly...

    He goes in the Pocket, Joey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    The kangaroo IS the solution. It has its own pouch.
    It's awlays the easiest answers that most often elude me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    ...And thanks for the spreadsheet. That was a BIG help.
    Sure thing. Glad I could help.

    Cheers,
    Kyle

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •