Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by injun51 View Post
    I am 250 and built like a linebacker. I still hit the weights at least 3 times a week and i have trouble zipping mine up, so what i do instead is, lay the bivvey in the bottom of my hammock with the green bag inside of the bivvy the way it should go. I then slip my black bag, upside down, into the bivvy making sure to put the footbox of the green bag into the footbox of the black bag. This way the black bag is laying on top of me like a top quilt and i can get the bivvy (its a tad bigger then the other two bags) and use that to Zip up. I also use a thermarst Z-rest in the middle of my Claytor Hammock and have yet to have this fail to keep me warm, and i live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest where we get lots of liquid sunshine and nice brisk evenings with liquid moonshine. LOL Its wet here even when its dry.
    I wear a 48 jacket, but I'm still hovering around 200. If someone at 230 can get it zipped, I'd imagine that I might have a little more wiggle room (literally and figuratively).

Hammock
    WBBB or GT traveller
    Tarp
    ZPacks asym
    Insulation
    Golite TQ / JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Cheapo webbing
    Images
    Everyone fits differently. I recently got a MSS, and although I am almost 250, and a 48 long, I was able to get all zipped up just fine. Go figure, huh.

There is a new MSS set at my local surplus store, I think they wanted $150 for it. I looked it over and bought the used one they had instead, but if anyone wants it, I will gladly go pick it up and ship it to ya for cost.
    It could be that the purpose of my life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

I speak to military daily and was asking one of them how they like their new MSS and it was a resounding yes... She's also fairly prissy, so I assume it's gotta be great for her to like it.

Just wondering if anyone that bought this system from uncle Sam site can confirm it is the real deal or a china knock off. Does it have the original nsn tag numbers as advertised.
    Thanks for the help

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    USGI PL UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps
    it is the real deal, no mil-spec madin china crap...although i dont think uncle sams has them anymore...

Hammock
    PapaSmurf 1.1 dbl W/ Bug Net
    Tarp
    MIL Issued Poncho
    Insulation
    ACU Sleep System
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    If you can hang in until about the middle of AUG. I have a whole extra A.C.U. patterned sleep system. Being in the military and knowing people gets you some extra stuff sometimes. The one I have is a 5 piece though. It comes with the bivy, green bag, grey bag, small compression bag, and a large compression bag.
    Last edited by Spire; 03-22-2011 at 02:17.
    I swear I have never killed an axe, but might be a cereal killer just cant help it with a name like life it has to go down. -Wildcrafter-

ON ON!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have no experience with it but it is available here.

http://store.colemans.com/cart/us-gi...l?currency=USD
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed. -Il Duce

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spire View Post
    If you can hang in until about the middle of AUG. I have a whole extra A.C.U. patterned sleep system. Being in the military and knowing people gets you some extra stuff sometimes. The one I have is a 5 piece though. It comes with the bivy, green bag, grey bag, small compression bag, and a large compression bag.
    ive been trying to get the acu large rucksack polymer frame, shoulder straps, and waist belt. is there anyway that you can help me with these. thank you for your time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345