Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Trail Etiquette

  1. #21
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    and here I thought it was the gigantic friggin alligators that carried off the hikers themselves.

    I'm not a fan of reptiles.

    "Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?" --Indiana Jones

    Grizz
    I actually like snakes! Spiders on the other hand, pure evil!

    I'll make a deal with you Grizz, if we ever get to hike together I'll take care of the snakes and lizards, but you walk in front in the mornings for web destruction.

    If anybody wants some funny video; follow me through the woods and watch me schuck, jive, and convulse as I pass through webs; it's quite the site.

  2. #22
    Senior Member TDunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Hammock
    DIY - Depends on time of year.
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 cat cut
    Insulation
    Down/Synthetic
    Posts
    253
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    If anybody wants some funny video; follow me through the woods and watch me schuck, jive, and convulse as I pass through webs; it's quite the site.
    It is not the thought of the web that gets me but suddenly realizing that something is crawling inside my shirt...... schuck and jive anyone? (then I usually put my clothes back on)......
    ------- AKA "4D's" ----------------
    "Oh yeah, to keep it on topic. I sewed on my hammock today"

    "A night above ground makes the next days ride even more enjoyable"

    "As for his secret to staying married: "My wife tells me that if I ever decide to leave, she is coming with me." -- Jon BonJovi

    Happy Wife = Happy Life" -- author unknown

  3. #23
    Senior Member pure_mahem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bennington,VT
    Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Posts
    473
    Images
    32
    Well said Canibal!!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Iafte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Williamstown, NJ
    Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Posts
    1,175
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I actually like snakes! Spiders on the other hand, pure evil!

    I'll make a deal with you Grizz, if we ever get to hike together I'll take care of the snakes and lizards, but you walk in front in the mornings for web destruction.

    If anybody wants some funny video; follow me through the woods and watch me schuck, jive, and convulse as I pass through webs; it's quite the site.
    Had a 7ft snake drop out of one of my tree's at my daughters b-day party one year. Gave everyone a nice little scare.

  5. #25
    Senior Member cameronjreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    165
    Images
    28
    Hearing about the way "stupid people" abuse the the Earth just ticks me off.
    I have on more than one occasion picked up a trash bag (a big one...I always take a few with me when hiking) full of trash.
    The most common thing I have seen that really chaps my hide is when people carve their initials or some other marks into the bark of a tree (particularly the Quaking Aspens). There is nothing anyone can do. The tree is scarred for life.
    Why do people feel that they have to leave their mark!!!??

    Anyway.....Preacha Man, where did you go hiking? I know you are kinda in my neck of the woods. I am planning to make a weekend trip to Devils Den this Friday. Looking forward to it (IF I can get my cat tarp AND peapod completed by Friday morning....No pressure. )
    "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured"

  6. #26
    Senior Member Preacha Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northwest, Arkansas
    Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Posts
    650
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronjreed View Post
    Hearing about the way "stupid people" abuse the the Earth just ticks me off.
    I have on more than one occasion picked up a trash bag (a big one...I always take a few with me when hiking) full of trash.
    The most common thing I have seen that really chaps my hide is when people carve their initials or some other marks into the bark of a tree (particularly the Quaking Aspens). There is nothing anyone can do. The tree is scarred for life.
    Why do people feel that they have to leave their mark!!!??

    Anyway.....Preacha Man, where did you go hiking? I know you are kinda in my neck of the woods. I am planning to make a weekend trip to Devils Den this Friday. Looking forward to it (IF I can get my cat tarp AND peapod completed by Friday morning....No pressure. )
    It was on the Butterfield Trail in Devil's Den actually. PM me if you want a visitor, and I will see what the boss (wife) will let me do . I hope that the cold weather has stopped a lot of the people who like to trash everything.
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •