WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Mid-Winter hang in Central WA, USA

Anyone interested in a hang in Central WA state? I'm thinking January 8-9, 2010.

I know of an accessible, easy hike, and fun wilderness very near Ellensburg, with good parking and a great stand of Aspens. It's called the
    Umtanum Creek Recreation Area. It would be a great first winer outing, and a great opportunity for meeting some hangers in the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...61798&t=h&z=15

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Buenos; 10-30-2010 at 09:01. Reason: Not alders, but Aspens
    respectfully,
    Jose Diaz
    www.diaztools.com
    HF members get 30%discount

Diaz tools Youtube channel
    Facebook page

Hammock
    DHDB 1.9 SL/WBRR DL
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Buenos View Post
    Anyone interested in a hang in Central WA state? I'm thinking January 8-9, 2010.

I know of an accessible, easy hike, and fun wilderness very near Ellensburg, with good parking and a great stand of Alders. It's called the
    Umtanum Creek Recreation Area. It would be a great first winer outing, and a great opportunity for meeting some hangers in the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...61798&t=h&z=15

Anyone interested?
    Don't you mean Jan 8-9-2011? considering you posted today at 3:06 today (29 Oct 2010). I would be game. It is far enough ahead that I could work it into my schedule. E-burg is only 3 hours form me, and I have some suby friends there as well that I would like to visit.
    Thanks for the invite.
    Mugs
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Yes, January 8-9,2011.

I am having trouble giving up the year 2010.

Thanks for taking part.
    respectfully,
    Jose Diaz
    www.diaztools.com

Facebook page

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter
    Insulation
    down bag, pad
    Suspension
    strap,biner,D-ring
    Stopped in Ellensburg for lunch last weekend on our way home from Seattle. Had a great burger and brew at The Tav. I'm not geared up for winter hanging yet. I'd sure be up for a warmer weather group hang though maybe in the Goat Rocks or Alpine Lakes Wilderness.
    Dan

I might be interested. All schedule dependent for me. I love that area. Love the Potholes area as well for winter backpacking, but not many spots to hang. We did manage to hang between a couple rocks at one point, but it's not something I'd want to do overnight.

Are you talking more about car camping or packing in a ways into the canyon?

-Curt

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I might be interested. All schedule dependent for me. I love that area. Love the Potholes area as well for winter backpacking, but not many spots to hang. We did manage to hang between a couple rocks at one point, but it's not something I'd want to do overnight.

Are you talking more about car camping or packing in a ways into the canyon?

-Curt
    There is a grove of Aspens about a mile into the canyon. Easy, flat, and plenty of room. I've taken many beginner hikers and children on this hike.

Nice thing about this set-up is that town is nearby, and anyone who wants to bail can stay at my home, in Ellensburg, where it's warm and dry.
    Last edited by Buenos; 10-30-2010 at 09:02.
    respectfully,
    Jose Diaz
    www.diaztools.com

Facebook page

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dand76 View Post
    Stopped in Ellensburg for lunch last weekend on our way home from Seattle. Had a great burger and brew at The Tav. I'm not geared up for winter hanging yet. I'd sure be up for a warmer weather group hang though maybe in the Goat Rocks or Alpine Lakes Wilderness.
    Dan
    I'll definitely be in for a summer hang in the Alpine Lakes wilderness. But winter's here and I like winter camping too.

My wife's a new hanger, and never, until now, has expressed interest in winter camping. I figure the more the merrier, make it a social event. Besides, it's a chance to learn from other winter campers.
    respectfully,
    Jose Diaz
    www.diaztools.com

Facebook page

Hammock
    DHDB 1.9 SL/WBRR DL
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Buenos View Post
    Nice thing about this set-up is that town is nearby, and anyone who wants to bail can stay at my home, in Ellensburg, where it's warm and dry.
    Is this a car/suv friendly road or is it a trail...That will dictate what I bring. Is it the road that looks like branches off across the bridge to the left?
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Banned
    Images
    Hey Guys.

I might be interested in this. Awfully close to Christmas. Could be good or bad.

My mother lives in Aberdeen, which looks to be about 3.5 hours away, so I could turn it into a Christmas & hang trip.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    Is this a car/suv friendly road or is it a trail...That will dictate what I bring. Is it the road that looks like branches off across the bridge to the left?
    The bridge your looking at is a foot suspension bridge, one of the coolest I've ever seen. There is a huge gravel parking lot just before the bridge. right after the bridge is a railroad track, then the trail. Then down a flat, well travelled desert canyon (there is even some tiny cacti). All a pretty easy walk.
    respectfully,
    Jose Diaz
    www.diaztools.com

Facebook page