Question Greetings and a Question

Hello all. First, I wanna extend a thanks for all the good advice I've gotten from reading these forums over the past few months (mostly from the Homemade Gear Discussion). Through that advise, I managed to make my first hammock, and have materials in route to make another with a tarp.

Anyways, to my question: I've seen the term "Top Load" used several times, but I've yet to figure out what exactly that means. Could someone explain what is meant by this? Also, I'd like to understand if it isn't Top Load, what else could/would it be?

Thanks in advance!

Leland

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dog8mycode View Post
    Hello all. First, I wanna extend a thanks for all the good advice I've gotten from reading these forums over the past few months (mostly from the Homemade Gear Discussion). Through that advise, I managed to make my first hammock, and have materials in route to make another with a tarp.

Anyways, to my question: I've seen the term "Top Load" used several times, but I've yet to figure out what exactly that means. Could someone explain what is meant by this? Also, I'd like to understand if it isn't Top Load, what else could/would it be?

Thanks in advance!

Leland
    Just means you get into the hammock from the open top. The only hammock I know of that isn't a top loading one is Hennessy's---and he's got a patent on the bottom loading slit.

Grizz

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti Under Quilt
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    I think there are opinions that go both way on the top load choice. I like my Hennessy but there are others that dont like the bottom load choice.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Just means you get into the hammock from the open top. The only hammock I know of that isn't a top loading one is Hennessy's---and he's got a patent on the bottom loading slit.

Grizz
    I consider the Warbonnet a side loader, but that's mostly just cause I'm a little odd.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I consider the Warbonnet a side loader

If you're going to get technical then I suppose a top loader as compared to a side loader would be one where you climbed down a rope to land in the center from the top, without touching the sides

so on a closing note

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I'm a little odd.
    Grizz

• + New Posts