Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member eflat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pinebluff, NC
    Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Posts
    1,474
    Images
    37
    You cracked me up Beas. Loved the vid. I bet your voice gets high as heck when you are PO'ed!

  2. #12
    canoebie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Super Ogee
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings, dc
    Posts
    2,555
    I have seen that stretch from the river, paddled it for 5 days in May, did about 70 miles. Beautiful area, lots of rapids, no armadillos.
    Revolution is about the need to re-evolve political, economic and social justice and power back into the hands of the people, preferably through legislation and policies that make human sense. That's what revolution is about. Revolution is not about shootouts.

    Bobby Seale


    http://www.riverjourneys.org

  3. #13
    Senior Member BEAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Posts
    498
    Images
    21

    Unforunatly You Are Correct

    Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    You cracked me up Beas. Loved the vid. I bet your voice gets high as heck when you are PO'ed!
    Hasn't always been that way. About 12 years ago I began having issues with my voice. I went to at least 3 diferent Drs and 4 diferent ENTs trying to find what was the issue. It was finally discovered that I have one paraylized vocal chord. Could be from over use, I was a training instructor for the fire dept at the time or an infiltration such as lyemes disease. Either way it stinks.
    I have had one surgery and looking to trying something diferent in the near future. My request is that I sound like Conway Twitty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ej9Dqhe5p4

    Just thankful that one side still works.

    BEAS
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

  4. #14
    Senior Member eflat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pinebluff, NC
    Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Posts
    1,474
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAS View Post
    Hasn't always been that way. About 12 years ago I began having issues with my voice. I went to at least 3 diferent Drs and 4 diferent ENTs trying to find what was the issue. It was finally discovered that I have one paraylized vocal chord. Could be from over use, I was a training instructor for the fire dept at the time or an infiltration such as lyemes disease. Either way it stinks.
    I have had one surgery and looking to trying something diferent in the near future. My request is that I sound like Conway Twitty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ej9Dqhe5p4

    Just thankful that one side still works.

    BEAS
    I hope I didn't offend you. I know alot of southern men that have voices like that and I just seem to notice it. Reminds me of a teached I had once. I wouldn't say it is abnormal sounding at all.

    Anyway sorry if I offended you. I def wasnt poking fun. I thought it was cool.

    So i'll go ahead and say it. "Open mouth, insert foot"!. Keep on making the vids tho. No matter what knuckleheads like me think.

  5. #15
    Senior Member BEAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Posts
    498
    Images
    21

    no offense!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    I hope I didn't offend you. I know alot of southern men that have voices like that and I just seem to notice it. Reminds me of a teached I had once. I wouldn't say it is abnormal sounding at all.

    Anyway sorry if I offended you. I def wasnt poking fun. I thought it was cool.

    So i'll go ahead and say it. "Open mouth, insert foot"!. Keep on making the vids tho. No matter what knuckleheads like me think.

    No offense at all!!!! Just the way God made me. I know a lot of southern folk that can really raise the bar on high pitched. bahahhahahahaa.
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

  6. #16
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Them there armadillos have a gang mentality .......!!!!!
    You really been getting out there to the piney woods of late.
    Fun to watch ya'll......
    Gotta say though.... me and Hickery spent a day in a barn once drying out after a wet night on the AT ... I find those things gloomy. We needed tree cover..... wet or not.
    Have a right goodie.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  7. #17
    Senior Member SmokeHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Hammock
    WB bb 1.1, Many 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY sil & Multicam
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    1,188
    Images
    49
    Looks like great times. We had our 1st hammock hang at Kyles last March and going to do another one this March. Hope to see ya there.

  8. #18
    UncleMJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Hammock
    HHExplUL; WBBB; SmokeHouse; ROO...
    Tarp
    HM Suite or HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    2,287
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeHouse View Post
    Looks like great times. We had our 1st hammock hang at Kyles last March and going to do another one this March. Hope to see ya there.
    Hoping the dates work and I can make it back again.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Posts
    607
    Images
    9
    nice report! looks like a nice trail-thx for posting

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •