Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Saw Shane's post two years ago and tried it. Still use nothing but for all guy-outs. For an inveterate experimenter like me, that says a lot.

in·vet·er·ate /inˈvetərit/ Adjective
    Having a particular habit, activity, or interest that is long-established and unlikely to change.
    (of a feeling or habit) Long-established and unlikely to change.
    Synonyms
    confirmed - ingrained - deep-seated

Thanks WV, once again, learned something new.

Just got a set of these lineloks myself, will be using shane's method in conjunction with the JRB STL's I got on my new tarp. Cant wait to play with it.

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images
    The Line-Locks work well in very cold weather for you can set them up without removing your gloves or chopper mitts.

Hammock
    wbbb
    Tarp
    tapdole/noah 12
    Insulation
    jarbidge/new river
    Suspension
    whoopies & straps
    I just ordered some of the mini line loks so I can try this method.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    I've been using the mini line locks in the regular way the instructions specified. But I didn't like that because the line doubled when you shorten up you could never get the tarp down close to the stake. Shanes way solved that and is way better. All I had to do was connect the shock cord directly to the line locks and rethread the line. The line I use is only 1.25 mm Zline from Zpacks and it holds great and allows room for 1/8 inch shock cord.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Ok. I've been using the line loks for a couple of weeks and I had one nasty wind storm. I'm using a 1mm dynema (just playing) and had some slippage. A half hitch behind the line lok fixed that, but I wanted to warn you guys about another issue that I found. Originally I rigged it up like this pic that shane posted:

The 1mm line actually cut through the plastic. I don't know if 1.75 would have cut through (it really was crazy windy) and don't think it would have happened under "normal" wind. Anyway, I got several sets, so I rigged up a little different and have not had had any problems other than some slippage under heavy wind (which a half hitch fixed)...and like I said, I'm using 1mm, so that could have something to do with it. It is easy and quick though. Thanks for posting.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Source for mini line lok

It looks like the hammock forum store is out of stock on the mini line loks in all color varieties.

Please let me know if anyone has a reputable alternate source in the US for these.

I ordered line from Dutch to try Shane's system out, but my web search for alt mini line loks was not productive.

Thanks.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Ok. I've been using the line loks for a couple of weeks and I had one nasty wind storm. I'm using a 1mm dynema (just playing) and had some slippage. A half hitch behind the line lok fixed that, but I wanted to warn you guys about another issue that I found. Originally I rigged it up like this pic that shane posted:

The 1mm line actually cut through the plastic. I don't know if 1.75 would have cut through (it really was crazy windy) and don't think it would have happened under "normal" wind. Anyway, I got several sets, so I rigged up a little different and have not had had any problems other than some slippage under heavy wind (which a half hitch fixed)...and like I said, I'm using 1mm, so that could have something to do with it. It is easy and quick though. Thanks for posting.
    It could be that your line was too small. The line locs are for 1mm to 3mm line and your line is at the minimum, I have been using zing-it (1.75mm) and it holds tight. I just finished a set last night for my SF, when it gets here.......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by book View Post
    The Line-Locks work well in very cold weather for you can set them up without removing your gloves or chopper mitts.
    True....just tried this on my snow set-up and using snow stakes. It may be a keeper.
    Whooooo Buddy.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by av8r View Post
    It looks like the hammock forum store is out of stock on the mini line loks in all color varieties.

Please let me know if anyone has a reputable alternate source in the US for these.

I ordered line from Dutch to try Shane's system out, but my web search for alt mini line loks was not productive.

Thanks.
    Don't know, the first time I went to order, they were out. The next time, they had them, and I stocked up. I did a search, trying to find them when I first tried ordering, and couldn't find a source. That's when I waited, and kept checking back. Maybe a PM to a mod can point you in the right direction, as to who runs the store, and can tell you if they have more coming in? Just a thought....RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast