Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    TerraRosaGear Adv
    Insulation
    Crowsnest 900-fill
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    As an overseas owner of a Blackbird, I'd really like Brandon to setup an Asian hub. I buy a lot of stuff from China, Hong Kong and Singapore because products are cheaper (as a rule) and often have free, but always cheaper, shipping. I recently got the wife a new digital camera (Olympus uTough 8010) for less than half the price I could here in the Wide Brown Land.

I understand people want to support local economies but lets face facts. While we all want to believe in the romance of the old fashion cottage industries, the fact remains that we live in the internet age and every one of these "cottage manufacturers" is in fact a global company.

My feeling is that where stuff comes from is no longer relevent. I research the product I want, then shop for the best price. Regardless of geography.

Theres 311-million people in the US. If Brandon, and others like him, positioned his company as a US only supplier, then there's 6.5 billion other potential sales he's missing out on.

Good Talk Russ!

Hammock
    Eno, HH, DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTalkRuss View Post
    As an overseas owner of a Blackbird, I'd really like Brandon to setup an Asian hub. I buy a lot of stuff from China, Hong Kong and Singapore because products are cheaper (as a rule) and often have free, but always cheaper, shipping. I recently got the wife a new digital camera (Olympus uTough 8010) for less than half the price I could here in the Wide Brown Land.

I understand people want to support local economies but lets face facts. While we all want to believe in the romance of the old fashion cottage industries, the fact remains that we live in the internet age and every one of these "cottage manufacturers" is in fact a global company.

My feeling is that where stuff comes from is no longer relevent. I research the product I want, then shop for the best price. Regardless of geography.

Theres 311-million people in the US. If Brandon, and others like him, positioned his company as a US only supplier, then there's 6.5 billion other potential sales he's missing out on.

Good Talk Russ!
    +1..........

Hammock
    DIY Cuben
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    down,over & under
    Images
    just look at the "made in" label and buy as you wish.
    and please get back to Hammocks, gear & hiking,
    (the market will take care of itself). gnome

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617