Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Ya'll better stop talkin bad about my girl!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mahem View Post
    Seems like a good name everyone can't wait to have a turn with it, LOL!
    yall gonna catch sompin ya don't want if ya don't behave
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mahem View Post
    I would be quite interested in the composition of this Warbonet Harlot sleep pad y'all are talkn' 'bout! It sounds like a dandy!
    It's a UQ, not a pad.

Breathable shell containing 4 layers of climashield XP. It is a torso length attached by a loop of shockcord. Comes with a removeable sil shell (pillowcase that the UQ goes into) for wind protection. Weighs 16.09 oz without the sil shell. Has seen -5F with no pad. Layers of insulation are designed to be able to remove or add based on needs/conditions via a zipper on the butt-end. Mine is black.
    Last edited by Cannibal; 12-27-2007 at 19:14. Reason: Clarification
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Images
    on furtigans original question, the more i think about it, my suggestion would be the Speer Snugfit & the JRB No Sniveler or Rocky Mt No Sniveler, depending how much insulation you want.

the Snugfit quilt is worry free because of the way it's designed (no compression of the down).

the No Snivelers are a great top quilt because they can be worn.

for the hammock it's self, the speer has velcro down both edges that will attach the bug net or the Snugfit under quilt... or both!
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    That UQ sounds awesome Canibal! But as I have not seen any pictures......I'm voting for the Snug Fit! Wich just as a reminder when someone has some time someone's site needs some updating on these new UQ options as it is after all a go to site.... I'm not mentioning no names you Know who you are, LOL! JMWY JJ!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I know - I need to update the tarps, too. And I have pics of three suspension systems I've tried that aren't up there yet, either! Just not the time I used to have...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by furtigan View Post
    I’ve basically got my choices narrowed down to two:

A) ENO singlenest with A JRB nest/no sniveler combo
    B) Speer with Speer underquilt and top blanket

Any thoughts from people who have experience are appreciated. I’d especially like to know how good either of these setups is for spring AT weather. I would like, as much as possible to avoid sleeping fully-dressed. If I’m wearing naught but my skivvies, is a quilt system going to keep me warm?

And while I’m here -- What's the deal with sleeping pads? If the underquilt is warm enough, why would I want/need a pad? I’ve never used one in my HH.
    If YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY PURCHASED, don't forget to also consider Speer's PeaPod. Though we don't see a whole lot about it here, and it is a bit more expensive than some of these other options, it has a couple of unique things to offer. It is "rated" by Speer ( a very cold sleeper) to 20* on the bottom and it takes care of the upper level quilt/bag functions to at least 50*, and a bit lower in my case. Adding enough top quilt to fill the air gap will result in about 5" loft above you, which would a super warm combo, and it's easy to add pads, clothing or quilts to the bottom to extend that 20* rating. You can get well sealed off from drafts in it, or open it wide open for bottom insulation only, or anything in between. All of which is super easy to do from inside the hammock. I have heard from several users all of whom are quite enthusiastic about it and who feel the ratings are conservative. As for me, I'm still in the testing stages, but so far I feel it is a high quality piece of gear.

It's just another good option to consider among several really high quality possibilities. The worst thing about it so far is I can't use it with my beloved HHUL Explorer! However, this Warbonnet XP UQ also sounds VERY interesting to me, and I am hoping to get a chance soon to check it out! I think I could use it with my HH.

Then again, those Snugfits ( but not the PeaPod III) have recently been on sale, making that choice even more interesting!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 12-28-2007 at 13:54.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Have to agree on the PeaPod - it's a great product. The PeaPod plus a light top quilt weighs about the same as the JRB 3 season set.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY zHammock / WB BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Spinntex
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts, GG Pad
    One thing I found out at trail days is that I can't close a PeaPod completely becasue I have pretty wide shoulders. I got most of the way closed, but not completely. Just a thought.
    NREMT-B, WEMT
    CPR goes up and down, up and down......because my patient's dead.
    Hanger Fromally Known as Ghost93.

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    JRB
    Images
    Wow - a thread I stared has managed to get to three pages ... I feel all important and everything.

To address some of the responses: the peapod is out for me because I can't stand to be closed-in that much; even if I'm not in all the way, it'd be close and I don't think I'd like it. And I'm increasingly sour on the Speer because of the red color -- it would seem to make steath camping pretty darn difficult.

Cannibal very charitably showed me both his Treklite and Warbonnet, and I got one of each for my own and am trying them out.

I also got a No Sniveller, which I will use either over or under. I'm leaning toward getting a JRB Nest, but that Harlot sounds pretty good ... you ready for mass production on them babies?

ETA: Cannibal, is the Harlot what's hanging under your warbonnet in that Christmas pic? That looks sweet...
    Last edited by furtigan; 01-07-2008 at 22:35.