Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member TeeDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,631
    Images
    300

    Wiggy's Super Light

    Anybody know anything about Wiggy's bags - specifically whether or not the zipper allows the bag to be fully opened out flat?

    The Super Light and Ultima Thule show up on ebay every now and then.

    If they open flat, looks like I could use either as a top quilt or under quilt.

    The dimensions are just right for that.

  2. #2
    Senior Member headchange4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Posts
    6,267
    Images
    35
    There was some discussion a while ago about Wiggy's bag. You may check that out.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett



    Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member TeeDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,631
    Images
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    There was some discussion a while ago about Wiggy's bag. You may check that out.
    Thanks - JustJeff had the answer on that thread - no it doesn't open flat.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    Anybody know anything about Wiggy's bags - specifically whether or not the zipper allows the bag to be fully opened out flat?

    The Super Light and Ultima Thule show up on ebay every now and then.

    If they open flat, looks like I could use either as a top quilt or under quilt.

    The dimensions are just right for that.
    Wiggy's desert bag opens flat, it might make a good underquilt for a bridge hammock. I got one really cheap years ago and I've hung on to it, Wiggy's stuff holds up.

  5. #5
    Senior Member TeeDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,631
    Images
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    Wiggy's desert bag opens flat, it might make a good underquilt for a bridge hammock. I got one really cheap years ago and I've hung on to it, Wiggy's stuff holds up.
    I just looked at the size on Wiggy's site - yes it would make an excellent under quilt for the Bridge Hammock.

    Looking at the bags on Wiggy's site, the Desert, the Hunter, the Nautilus, the Camper One and Camper Two would all work very well as under quilts on the Bridge Hammock. Some are 80" long and some are 84" long. I know 80" works on my Brige and bet the 84" would work also. Weights of 2.5 lbs, 3 lbs, 4 lbs and 5 lbs with ratings from summer to 0 deg F.

    I keep looking on ebay and see what comes up. I've seen a few of the super light bags with his overbag system at pretty good prices.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    charleston, wv
    Posts
    164
    Based on what people have said on that other thread regarding the durability of his bags & his policy of charging military pennies on the dollar... it makes me want to buy stuff from him.

  7. #7
    Member mozzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    homestead,fl
    Hammock
    hh,warbonnet
    Tarp
    mac cat,diy
    Insulation
    JRB,ix underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie,dutch clip
    Posts
    58
    wiggys bags are incredable.most durable things i have ever used.i have washed and dryed one 200 times and there are no cold spots or problems.i have been thinking about chopping that bag up for an hh under q. but with the warrenty on these bags i hate to blow it.nf cats meow may get the whak

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •