Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by jloden View Post
    Coincidentally I have been working on my own BOBs for our vehicles recently and naturally hammocks came into consideration

It occurred to me this is a great application for the Grand Trunk All Terrain Hybrid Shelter.
    Wow now that is a great idea, and would definitely foot the bill of what I would consider taking along. Too bad they don't make it in a camo version.

Thanks for the tip
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge (Spinn UL)
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Multimat
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    Wow now that is a great idea, and would definitely foot the bill of what I would consider taking along. Too bad they don't make it in a camo version.

Thanks for the tip
    Yeah, some of their hammocks like the GT Ultralight do come in camo but there's only one color for the hybrid hammock. At least it's a dark blue and not day-glo orange

This has been a interesting read!

In short, for me, I don't think a hammock will be at the top of the list! Most likely it won't be on the list, and that hurt to say but it's reality! You gotta remember that disasters happen "Every" day! There are thousands of house fire's every night which leave people stranded, with nothing, because they were not prepared! Sometimes some don't make it out of their own house because they were not prepared!
    For me it is a tough reality as I have my Girlfriend and two little girls that I have to worry about with any given scenario! I found this link on another forum that I frequent (BCUSA) and I found the read very insightful for preparedness! Here is the link if you are so inclined for being prepared for the worst: http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/bl...ons/index.html

Hopefully I learned something from the link and the other readings I have done so that I can get ready and be prepared!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Shane (theplacewithnoname) had one of the first hammock websites...even instructions and videos on HHs, snakeskins, etc. He was pretty active on the yahoo hammockcamping group.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Shane (theplacewithnoname) had one of the first hammock websites...even instructions and videos on HHs, snakeskins, etc. He was pretty active on the yahoo hammockcamping group.
    Very cool, I did not know that!

They way that he wrote all that up on the link I provided was superb! I found it hard to stop reading it as the amount of information provided was wonderful, but not only that, but, most/if not all is true and makes perfect sense! I got to thinking about everything that is missing or would be very, very hard to find with the girls (some important records, and the like)! I know they are here in the house, but where is the question!?!?!?
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789