Okay gang, I got a question for ya...
First off, My hiking buddy and his wife made a couple of UQs for us. here is what they did:
- He got a down comforter off of e-bay and split it down the middle.
- sewed up the open edges.
- sewed some ripstop on tome pf the existing comforter material.
I feel that this adds too much unwanted weight, so this is what I am thinking:
- Split the UQ open and try to catch all the feathers as they fly around the room.
- Using Parachute material, make another UQ and use that.
Do you think that Parachute material will be good for an underquilt?
Here are my concerns:
- thinner than Ripstop (which should make it lighter) but the cold air may still reach my backside.
- Thinner so moisture may be an issue.
- I have never worked with parachute before so how easy is it to work with?
I look forward to your thoughts