Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Pee bottles work in any style hammock. And they help keep you warm on a cold night!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Necessity is the mother of invention. I've learned this trick during my time here in Colorado. After the first night, there was no way I was getting out of the hammock!
    Trust nobody!

With a Rock Wren bag, rising to drain the main is only a minor (relatively warm) nusiance.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post

No, but I'll give that a go tonight. I am kind of curious what, if any, difference it will make. Temps aren't forecast to be that low tonight, although it was only supposed to get down to 15F last night. Gotta love the weatherpeople.
    just make sure you've got something else to protect from the wind, the sil shell definately makes a big difference in that regard.

have you been sleeping these past nights with or without a tarp??

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Last night was mild compared to the previous night; single digits, but no little minus sign in front.

I pushed the sil shell up and away from the UQ. I did set up my tarp after waking Christmas morning with a bug netting full of snow and the tip of my nose really cold. But, the 4" (and still falling) of snow did quite the number on my SG 9X9! It is in about half-collapse mode right now. Poor set-up because of the fence so I'm not able to get it good and taut. Looks funny, but still functional. I slept with the GG 1/8" pad under my legs. I didn't really notice a difference one way or the other, but there was little, if any, breeze. Of course, my set-up location is pretty protected from wind by a big fence right next to the hammock.

Still warm and snug as a bug!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    this hammock very short and very confining,i would get a neckache from h-ll in it,i tried jeffs out in hot springs,definately not for me neo
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 12-28-2007 at 20:10. Reason: Dude - please edit long quotes when you have a one line response! :D
    the matrix has you

Images
    neo, i don't know how it could feel short, unless you're used to the safari or something. it's 10 feet long with an 8'4" ridge. it feels narrower than a hh, but the fabric is a full 60" wide, i doubt the claytor is any wider or longer than that, the netting may be narrower than it is on the claytor, but the bed fabric itself is longer and wider (120"x60"), am i wrong?, it feels narrower than a hh b/c of the location of the lateral tension points, rather than down by your elbow and knee, they are located even farther from center, the less room in the hips is a trade off for more head and foot room, which i think is well worth it. i can still lay on my side with my knees bent so it's not that narrow, and i can't really see how it could give anyone a neckache, as the the asym fixed shape and resulting lay of the hammock is actually based on the shape an eno style hammock makes when one lays diagonal, which i've never heard anyone complain about.

not to worry though, since i can't presently afford to take hh to court over the obviousness of asymmetrically located lateral tension points on an end-gathered hammock that is meant to be laid in diagonally, this hammock will no longer be available, and will not be on my website when it opens, so enjoy em' if you got em'.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    not to worry though, since i can't presently afford to take hh to court over the obviousness of asymmetrically located lateral tension points on an end-gathered hammock that is meant to be laid in diagonally, this hammock will no longer be available, and will not be on my website when it opens, so enjoy em' if you got em'.
    i'm sorry to hear that WBG.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

i say make them as you are now and make it easy to add the tieout points to where you want them. so you are not copying his design per say, but allow users too. it is no fair that one person should deny everybody else the design, and kill all the creativity in the world.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sucks, that. But I guess that makes my olive drab Warbonnet a collector's item!! (It's 1.1 oz so it's really Joker's, but still.)

At least the half-underquilts will be on there. What else?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast