Thread: Not too bad

Images

Not too bad

My first try at hanging was a bust; strong winds and cold. The wind was too strong to hang everything by myself so I slept in the truck and decided to buy a motorhome.

Last weekend I decided to give it one more try and hike far so I could not bail out to easy. I had a good sleep, temps only hit 18. I used a blue mat and zipped up in my bag, shorts, tee shirt and a hat and was quite warm.

Now I just have to figure out how to connect the JBR sling system and I think I got it made.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    If you made it to 18 degrees on your second try, you did pretty good! It takes a while to develope your hanging skills (I'm still learning too!) Dont quit---------keep hanging!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey mega82 that is a comfy looking setup you have there. What type of tarp is that ?
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Images
    The tarp is a Superfly. I'm still trying to get it to hang better. There are no trees where I live (desert) so I don't get out much.
    "Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."

• + New Posts