chrysalis so far
    Tarp
    need one
    Insulation
    camp foam
    Suspension
    stock

Biner load

Stupid question ? Lets say the load limit says 110 lbs if you use two would that mean 220lbs support ??
    i have nothing against hondas now lol its been my forum name for soooo long from the car club days hard to change it now

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by antihonda View Post
    Stupid question ? Lets say the load limit says 110 lbs if you use two would that mean 220lbs support ??
    Maybe, but most likely no. Is it for a suspension? If so don't do it. There are affordable carabiners that will hold around 1000 pounds that is considered a safe working range for suspension systems. Warbonnet and Backwoods Day Dreamer both have them for around 5 bucks each. Well worth the safety margin.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

I too would say "no".

The problem you will have is applying the force aligned perfectly with the major axis of the carabiner (as it is when tested in a laboratory rig).

For instance, I use Paul's AHE straps and cinch buckles on my rigs. The tree end of the strap wraps around the tree trunk and tenrminates in a sewn loop through which I pass a Camp Nano 'biner and then clip it back to the strap. Now, if I was to stack two 'biners back-to-back in the same application I doubt that each would have exactly half the tension applied due to being in contact with the tree or not, and the squeezing forces placed on the 'biners where they are clipped through the sewn loop.

I am a heavy guy, and I have zero desire to fiddle with components that might or might not drop me to the ground. Just ain't worth the aggravation!

Jim

Hammock
    chrysalis so far
    Tarp
    need one
    Insulation
    camp foam
    Suspension
    stock
    Got it thanks for the info!
    i have nothing against hondas now lol its been my forum name for soooo long from the car club days hard to change it now

Hammock
    DIY + whoopie SLR
    Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    The problem you will have is applying the force aligned perfectly with the major axis of the carabiner (as it is when tested in a laboratory rig).

For instance, I use Paul's AHE straps and cinch buckles on my rigs. The tree end of the strap wraps around the tree trunk and tenrminates in a sewn loop through which I pass a Camp Nano 'biner and then clip it back to the strap. Now, if I was to stack two 'biners back-to-back in the same application I doubt that each would have exactly half the tension applied due to being in contact with the tree or not, and the squeezing forces placed on the 'biners where they are clipped through the sewn loop.

I am a heavy guy, and I have zero desire to fiddle with components that might or might not drop me to the ground. Just ain't worth the aggravation!

Jim
    Worth picking up the Nano biners anyways just for the weight/size of them. I like the idea of the Dutch clip but honestly I wouldn't tell the difference when the biners weigh in at 23g each!

Hammock
    chrysalis so far
    Tarp
    need one
    Insulation
    camp foam
    Suspension
    stock
    well you should see the biner that came with my chrysalis its about 14 ft across 11,196 lbs and uses a coil spring from Caterpillar earth mover i have them air lifted in to my kayak camp site its costly (when i can find a helicopter) so im looking for a lite alternative

Hammock
    BMBH, GT single para
    Tarp
    WB mamajamba
    Insulation
    walmart 40f bag UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie>togg>strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by antihonda View Post
    well you should see the biner that came with my chrysalis its about 14 ft across 11,196 lbs and uses a coil spring from Caterpillar earth mover i have them air lifted in to my kayak camp site its costly (when i can find a helicopter) so im looking for a lite alternative
    have you considered using a sailboat?
    ...in it for pics.

• + New Posts