WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing

Superbly tie out lengths

I just recieved my superfly in the mail today(well kinda, waiting on my flight back home now). I was wondering what the popular lengths for the tieouts are. I was thinking about 8ft for the ends, 3ft for the stake out points and 15ft of shock cord for the panel pulls. Does that sound adequate?

What lengths do you use?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    That should be Superfly in the title, stupid iphone.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    I have a 10 foot section of dynaglide with a 4 inch tensioner in a U shape - 1 end tied to one pullout, the other end tied to the other pullout on the same side. Another 10 foot section of dynaglide with a prussik tied to the U acts as the tieout from my hiking pole to the ground.

My hiker pole fits into the prussik.

I used longer pieces of shockcord as you mentioned. My experience in cold weather was that they just didn't pull out the sides enough for my liking and stretched out and didn't spring back so I switched to a small length of shockcord same as I have for my 4 corners of the tarp.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    What is the best way for me to seal the side pull outs? Never sealed anything before so not too sure how to proceed.

Images
    SilNet and a small brush, or use your fingers even. Hang tarp, brush on, let dry. Done!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    GE Silicone II is what I've used to seal/repair Spinn, silnylon, and nylon. Has worked great on all of them and can be found in large quantities at your local hardware store.

I currently use Grip Clips for pullouts on both of my Spinn tarps and they have worked great.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

I'm watching this thread, as I just received mine

I was planning on 1/8" shock cord for the side pull-outs, but sounds like that may be too wimpy. Shug, what size are you using????

The lengths for corners and doors sound about what I was thinking, but it would be great to hear from current users!

Jim
    Last edited by Jsaults; 01-31-2011 at 15:30. Reason: bad splng

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    I was using the full shock cord setup (whatever gauge is included with stock UQs [Yeti, Phoenix, JRB) and IMHO just wasn't doing its job of pulling anything out.

Just for reference, I am using a Spinn Mambajamba with DIY Grip Clip pullouts.

Figured anything bulkier would outweigh (no pun intended) the benefit as far as weight penalty vs. pullout capability.

Used the Dynaglide tensioner setup mentioned above at Mt. Rogers down below zero (depending on who's thermometer you are referencing) and held much better than the full shock cord setup did in temps in the mid to low 20's.

My .02

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    Ok so I just recieved 100ft of Kelty triptease. Before I do any cutting I was wondering if a few more current users could chime in on the lengths they use for all the superfly tie out points.

I am thinking 10ft for each end of the ridgeline, 5ft for each stake out point, and making a pullout like Tendertoe mentioned with two 10ft sections and a tensioner. Thinking of putting a length of shockcord on the doors.

Am I being to generous on my lengths, or could I go with something more like 8ft ridgeline ends and 3ft stakeout points?

Just wondering what the rest of you use. Triptease is expensive, so I am trying to give it as much thought as I can before I cut lengths. I am leaning towards the longer lengths , but would love to hear other's opinions.

Hammock
    Eno, HH, DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rambler View Post
    Ok so I just recieved 100ft of Kelty triptease. Before I do any cutting I was wondering if a few more current users could chime in on the lengths they use for all the superfly tie out points.

I am thinking 10ft for each end of the ridgeline, 5ft for each stake out point, and making a pullout like Tendertoe mentioned with two 10ft sections and a tensioner. Thinking of putting a length of shockcord on the doors.

Am I being to generous on my lengths, or could I go with something more like 8ft ridgeline ends and 3ft stakeout points?

Just wondering what the rest of you use. Triptease is expensive, so I am trying to give it as much thought as I can before I cut lengths. I am leaning towards the longer lengths , but would love to hear others' opinions.
    I'm waiting for more info before I start cutting up my line as well.
    I'll be using whoopies on the ridgeline, and like you, bungee on the doors.

There is a decent setup video on the WB site for the superfly, which does give some insight into the rigging Brandon envisioned.

On the corner tie outs, I'm still wondering how much slack to leave. If one wants to setup in porch mode, that would require maybe 10 to 12 ft (?) of line...

I'm still on the fence for the rigging of the side pull outs...

I was also thinking about "Franking up" (as in Frankenstein) the tarp a bit by adding some toggles for the doors to be folded up, and maybe some kind of simple pockets at the 4 bottom corners to store the guy lines...

• + New Posts