Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    what i did on the winter yeti was remove the stock bungie and replace with a super serious thicker about 2x the diameter bungie.
    Remember the yeti is differential cut and you can snug it up super super tight and it will not compromise the loft because of that differential cut. TIGHTEN it up!
    Shugs idea with the clips is always Shugvillian brilliant....well i had thicker bungie here but no grossgrain, not thread injector.......
    Also, is there not some elastic tubing available some where that would be far more resistant to any potential effects from the cold? Some one has linked to a product before. Don't know though, might be expensive or heavy.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    I tried to use my headlamp to make a triangle thingee. I took both sides of the shock cord and used the headlamp to girth hitch them around the ridgeline. I think that may have been my big mistake.

Even though I had a really good seal at both ends now, there was a huge gap between the bottom of the hammock and the UQ.
    You were right. By pulling a UQ that uses side channel suspension at a steeper angle it makes it easier to slide toward the center causing an air gap. Best solution is to suspend UQ at ends of hammock then use an extra cord in center as suggested. The "triangle" idea works best on UQ's that use shock cord suspension attached to each corner. Both types of suspensions have advantages and disadvantages. The major drawback to side channel suspension is that the UQ slides toward center causing an air pocket.

Images
    sounds like you just need the suspension tighter like noted already. the shockcord will lift an empty blackbird alot (couple feet), so if yours is only lifting it 5" then it's way too loose. did you save the stock quilt suspension, it might be long enough for 11', if not, you shouldn't need to add more than just a couple inches of regular cord to it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12