Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly- Edge
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newzy View Post
    I've used my hammock setup for a blind for duck hunting from for years now, it's great for sitting sideways on when your set up over decoys, or if the ducks aren't flying to just kickback a read for a while till something turns up.
    Man, that sounds so comfortable it should be illegal....
    Sounds like a great plan for my new ninja black ogee tarp this year...
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    StormcrowIncubator
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I was just about to make a comment about using a hammock as a blind when I saw the title of this thread.

I was also going to ask if anyone is aware of a way to apply activated carbon to fabric so that scents could be hidden. This could also be applied to food storage containers.

Alternatively, you could make stuff out of fabric with active carbon embedded into it already if there wasn't a way to apply it to fabrics.

I know next to nothing about textiles though.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Mosq. Camo Dimond
    Insulation
    US GI MSS
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slanket View Post
    I was just about to make a comment about using a hammock as a blind when I saw the title of this thread.

I was also going to ask if anyone is aware of a way to apply activated carbon to fabric so that scents could be hidden. This could also be applied to food storage containers.

Alternatively, you could make stuff out of fabric with active carbon embedded into it already if there wasn't a way to apply it to fabrics.

I know next to nothing about textiles though.
    My whole issue with activated carbon built into fabrics is that they become "Saturated" with scent - and this is something the manufacturers generally dance around...

Their instruction is to dry it in a dryer to get the scent out. The problem here is that activated carbon really bonds to the odor molecules and the only way to get them out is with high temperature (generally over 440F!!!)

What this means is you can't get the smell "out" of the carbon so it can absorb more unless you incinerate your clothes

There are some spray-on activated charcoal solutions that should work though. Spray on, air dry and viola, the activated carbon dust should work just fine.

With that said, I'd had deer come investigate my urine that I sent off a tree stand in desperation... (so much for it scaring them away).

My 0.02

Xex
    Buy Tea at Jennifer's Tea Garden ( My Wife's Place )

Hammock
    Trek Light double
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/Leighlo
    Suspension
    webbing & CB
    Early to mid-September temps in Co/Wy/Utah can be anywhere from nice to pretty darn cold. You could even get snow depending on your elevation. On my September river trips in Utah/Wy/Idaho I plan for temps in the 30's at night, rain/snow , and then I'm pleasantly surprised when I get good weather. Make sure your tarp, sleeping bag, underquilt or pad, and clothing can sustain the possibility of cold temps. Also have a back-up plan in case you have to become a ground dweller.
    KJ

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    KA Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    I don't know anything about fabrics, but this sounds kinda risky to me. I think I would be trying a "covering scent" first, ie apple maybe. IF that didn't work then try using a scent on just a small piece of the same material. Be interesting to see how you made out.