Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: SKAHOw 2K11

  1. #21
    Leffe357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Norrbotten, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3*3m
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    99
    Nice reports guys, liked the fake video .
    Moski, did you get any reading from your wind speed indikator, i think you got some chill factor.

  2. #22
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Leffe357 View Post
    Nice reports guys, liked the fake video .
    Moski, did you get any reading from your wind speed indikator, i think you got some chill factor.

    13 -14 m/s in the gusts
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  3. #23
    OutandBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    4,203
    Images
    129
    Really enjoyed your trip reports guys.
    The picts and videos are very good. That's a beautiful area you two camped in.
    The horizontal wind in the video was something to see. I'm glad your tarps held up.
    High Winds- That's always my biggest worry over cold.

  4. #24
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    hård kärna hänga.......Hard-core hang Fellers!
    The wind was really breezing you but you stayed. Respect!

    Loved the whole story ....wolves and all........ Haaaaaa.
    Whoooooooo
    Shug
    Thanx! Glad you liked our joke!
    And yes, it´s pretty hard-core hanging sometimes.
    Same as in your part of the world!

    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Great trip (& report) guys!
    I liked the "Wolf video"... gives me ideas
    And I particularly liked the snow wall protecting the fire pit.
    Good stuff!!!
    Spread the word, man!
    Hmm, the "snow wall" isn´t made of snow. It´s stones and concrete. But that´s not so easy to see, because of all the snow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leffe357 View Post
    Nice reports guys, liked the fake video .
    Glad you liked it. I hoped to get that reaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Really enjoyed your trip reports guys.
    The picts and videos are very good. That's a beautiful area you two camped in.
    The horizontal wind in the video was something to see. I'm glad your tarps held up.
    High Winds- That's always my biggest worry over cold.
    Yep, it´s really beautiful. Easy accesable to. There´s a gravel-road all the way to the lake but it´s a "one-way"-road so not many people get in there. It´s much tougher to get protection from wind than cold. I agree with you!
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  5. #25
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    Awesome trip report guys! U sure there wasn't any wolf's around? i mean; if i was a wolf and with all that bacon around........ i would go into a great feeding frenzy
    Sorry about the temp's.... i think we actually had it colder down here
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  6. #26
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Awesome trip report guys! U sure there wasn't any wolf's around? i mean; if i was a wolf and with all that bacon around........ i would go into a great feeding frenzy
    Sorry about the temp's.... i think we actually had it colder down here
    The only bacon-wolf I saw was when I looked myself in the mirror.....
    Somehow I just kept on eating that weekend, nothing could stop me, not even Moski trying to protect his bacon......

    Yep, the temps wasn´t as wanted but there´s nothing to do about it.
    Even though I´m playing weathergod (I´m probably the lousiest weathergod in all times!).
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  7. #27
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    The only bacon-wolf I saw was when I looked myself in the mirror.....
    Somehow I just kept on eating that weekend, nothing could stop me, not even Moski trying to protect his bacon......

    Bacon is a force to be reckoned with

    We need our calories when out in the (missing) cold weather - hanging in a hammock and telling stories is hard work!

    Let me try out for the job as a weather god - hopefully i can bring some "good" weather(you guys want snow in July???)
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  8. #28
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    @moski

    Regarding the guy on the bike - what do you think your amsteel and some ice anchors are for??? Lasso him don like a runaway herd of cow´s!?! (i did something equivalent once on a dirt bike, and hit a low hanging branch right in my chest - Ouch!)

    People doing stupidities near kids need to be stopped!
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  9. #29
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Awesome. Though not certain it really happened.

  10. #30
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Sorry about the temp's.... i think we actually had it colder down here
    Yeah really strange ?
    I know i have been screaming loudest about cold temps around here
    But to tell you the truth, up there i didn't want iy much colder than it was
    I simply didn't want to shovel more snow just to keep warm

    Seriously, i would love to beat the local gods temp record !
    well, well next year maybe ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    Somehow I just kept on eating that weekend, nothing could stop me, not even Moski trying to protect his bacon......
    Just because i wasn't hungry

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Bacon is a force to be reckoned with

    We need our calories when out in the (missing) cold weather - hanging in a hammock and telling stories is hard work!
    Maybe it was the warmth or something
    But i hardly touched my food
    Maybe i took from the reserve on the belly

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    @moski

    Regarding the guy on the bike - what do you think your amsteel and some ice anchors are for??? Lasso him don like a runaway herd of cow´s!?! (i did something equivalent once on a dirt bike, and hit a low hanging branch right in my chest - Ouch!)

    People doing stupidities near kids need to be stopped!
    Aha, that's why i bought so much !
    Great idea !

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Awesome. Though not certain it really happened.
    Nope !
    Just look at the wolf video the local god turned out !
    Vem ska man tro, tro , tro på ?
    But i thought we had a understanding on this forum,
    as long you showed pics, it happend !

    Even if it really didn't
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •