I finally got a chance to try out my new piece of kit last night in the backyard. It was a very mild evening so it's kind of an unknown as to the added warmth or real weather protection.
Instead of the s-biners or other hooks I added a cordlock to each end of the shock cord. I tucked these through the continuous loop on my suspension and it holds the end pretty well and is still easily adjustable.
Thanks to my asym shape of my HH the side tensioners don't line up with the hammock tieouts. I'll have to sew on a small loop of crossgrain at the right spots so I can attach the edges of the protector to the hammock body.
Next might be a pair of triangle thingies to pull double duty holding the UQ and now the protector.....
Tags for this Thread