Friday afterniin, knowing that I needed to be at work Saturday (accounting year-end paperwork) I hung my new Superfly in the shop and sealed the side pull-outs. Someone recommended Permatex flowable silicone, which flowed well and penetrated the stitching deeply.
That was Friday late afternoon. Directions say "dries to the touch in 1 hour, cures in 24".
Saturday afternoon I discovered.....NOT dry to the touch. Hmmmmm. Quick search on E-How revealed that silicone caulk cures with exposure to moisture (and I thought it was O2). The weather is cold and dry, so the RH is rather low. I rounded up a spray bottle with water, gave the treated areas a good spritz, and waited.
Sunday afternoon (still more paperwork) when I checked, the caulk had dried quite nicely. Now, I did not run a parallel test to see if un-spritzed caulk would have cured, but I was pleased with the outcome. Learned something new as well.